What's cool about this job
REI is committed to becoming a fully inclusive, antiracist, multicultural organization. To fulfill our brand promise of enabling a life well-lived outside for everyone, we are seeking candidates who demonstrate shared values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism.
The Digital Advocacy Systems Manager serves on the Community Advocacy & Impact (CAI) team, whose job is to help REI, the nation’s largest consumer co-op, shape the future of the outdoors. Through national and local advocacy, community investment and philanthropy, and employee and member engagement programs, the CAI team pursues impact-driven work that benefits both the business and communities the co-op serves. Contributing to this work, the Digital Advocacy Systems Manager will support REI’s first-ever grassroots advocacy program, the REI Cooperative Action Network (www.rei.com/act), by managing its digital advocacy systems, establishing the analytics and evaluation framework for the program, and supporting the launch of the Network’s local and state grassroots programming.
More specifically, the Digital Advocacy Systems Manager will manage and continuously improve REI’s grassroots advocacy database and website, establish and improve evaluation and reporting systems for the Cooperative Action Network, build grassroots activations, and help launch the Network’s local grassroots programming. The Systems Manager is an essential player in the co-op’s impact agenda, informing REI’s grassroots advocacy strategy by providing data, trends, and insights into performance metrics, list size and scope, and more.
The Systems Manager supports the co-op’s ambitious advocacy agenda to combat climate change, support conservation, expand recreation infrastructure, and create a more just and inclusive outdoors. This role will collaborate with a range of internal and external stakeholders who are working to engage the public in the fight for life outdoors. As is expected of every team member, you will model and act in accordance with REI’s guiding values and purpose.
REI’s fleet of stores span 41 states, and outdoor issues are inherently close-to-home. The Systems Manager collaborates with the Co-op’s local store and outreach teams – as well as with outposts of national and multistate partners – to create opportunities to advance our policy and stewardship objectives wherever we have local presence and can help address those issues in the federal and state domain
- Establish an evaluation and reporting program for the Cooperative Action Network, working cross-divisionally (with Marketing, Customer Insights, Digital, etc.) to define an analytics framework that incorporates business and advocacy goals. Define routines and practices for data analysis of Network list size and growth, action performance, program awareness and usage, and generally identify opportunities for program improvement.
- Manage the Network’s grassroots advocacy database (EveryAction), establishing protocols for database etiquette and record upkeep, action form and email maintenance, managing the permissions and profiles of other Network users, and continuously improving the database. Manage relationship with external CRM vendor (EveryAction) to optimize REI’s usage of grassroots advocacy digital systems..
- Manage REI’s Cooperative Action Network website (www.rei.com/act), working with Digital teams to bring grassroots activations, resources, and content to life for digital audiences.
- Work with the Cooperative Action Network Manager and cross-divisional partners to build national, state, and local Network activations in the database and the Network website, ensuring accuracy and security of form data, database etiquette, action lists, email cadence, and more.
- Provide training for additional users of the database, particularly in relation to the development of local activations, ensuring data security, data quality, and establishing coherent ways of working in the database.
- Help inform REI’s grassroots advocacy strategy by sharing data-driven trends, and collaborate with Policy leads and the Cooperative Action Network Manager, to identify key needs and opportunities for growth.
- Support, as needed, content creation for state and local Cooperative Action Network activations, including copy for Network activations, partner outreach toolkits, resources and tools for Network activists and more.