Digital Product Manager, Classes & Adventures
Posted Date: Jun- 3-2021
Job ID: 20219
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
REI believes a life outside is a life well lived and our commitment is not just to sell you a new pair of boots, but to help you wear them out. To do that, we are looking for the right product leader to build the next generation of our Outdoor Experiences business. Our vision is to make the power of the outdoors possible for millions of people through gear rentals, classes and guided adventures to iconic local and national wildernesses.
This space is becoming more central to our focus and we are embarking on an ambitious plan to make REI the nation’s premier provider of life changing outdoor experiences. We are looking for a strong product leader that shares our passion for helping all people experience the power and joy of the outdoors. This is a mission driven team that thrives to tackle first summits, expects and welcomes a challenging future, and lives in the minds and hearts of our customer when making decisions. We are looking for that special person who is committed to helping as many people connect to the outdoors as possible and step into this position as a calling. As the Digital Product Manager for our Experiences business, you will lead an empowered product team to deliver the digital part of our customer journey. You will also be a key contributor to our vision and strategy for the business.
- Partner closely with retail operations, business stakeholders and leadership to understand our Outdoor Experiences business
- Obsessively understand our customers and their journey with REI Experiences
- Develop measurable objectives and key results for the digital aspect of the business
- Work closely with a designer and software engineers to craft experiments to improve our digital experience
- Run experiments, measure the results, learn and scale what works. Make the path to life changing outdoor experiences delightful.
- Communicate and align with multiple product teams, stakeholders and executives to deliver on your learning agenda
- Constantly hone your skills as a Product Manager. Learn from the superpowers of those around you. Develop a superpower and teach others to advance the product practice at REI.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 3+ years of product management experience on consumer digital products
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and launch successful consumer digital products
- Knowledge of product management best practices.
- Ability to communicate fluently across business, product and technology boundaries. Communicates effectively with engineers, designers, operations and business stakeholders.
- Demonstrated the ability to succeed through determination
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer