Digital Project Manager
Posted Date: Sep-28-2018
Job ID: 12056
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
The Digital Project Manager provides strong project leadership to drive the creation of cross-platform experiences for REI’s customers, our business, and our brand. The role requires a background in delivering digital projects with an ability to effectively understand and manage projects to completion (web site, mobile apps, etc.). The Digital Project Manager shapes and leads a project by leveraging their ability to clarify the project scope and approach to delivery. They incorporate input from cross-capability UX, design and tech resources to scope accurately. He/she leverages a deep understanding of the digital process and requirements to guide teams through projects and initiatives. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong business acumen, excellent oral and written communication and the ability to use critical thinking skills to proactively problem-solve, mitigate business risk and assure deliverables meet project timelines.
- Lead the process. Be the go-to resource for stakeholders. Be a proactive, holistic, thoughtful and effective project and process leader.
- Utilize project management best practices to manage multiple, simultaneous, small and large scale, and high impact initiatives within Digital Retail.
- Ensure clear objectives, requirements and KPIs are delivered by project requestors and understood by the project team.
- Ensure the on-time delivery of high quality, relevant, customer experiences that meet stated business objectives within approved scope and budget parameters.
- Ensure that resources are invested appropriately to support the planned scope of a project.
- Manage partner relationships and set expectations throughout the project; ensuring high levels of team satisfaction.
- Support value-based decision-making. Understand the value and cost of the work we do, and use this to drive decisions.
- Develop a broad set of relationships and collaborate across technical, UX, creative, merchandising, and marketing teams to drive the vision for the associated programs.
- Proactively identify opportunities and contribute to continuous business process improvement efforts to help streamline and standardize workflow, communication, and resource efficiencies utilizing relative process improvement techniques and methodologies.
- Use sound business and design judgment to make quick decisions under pressure in ambiguous circumstances.
- While not a requirement to work directly in any of REI core platforms, it will be necessary to understand how those tools and platforms as a way to effectively plan and deliver digital experiences.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 2-5+ years of experience managing projects with digital focus containing technical and business related components.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Communications/Information Science, Business/Management Information Systems, or a related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of project management principles
- A deep understanding of eCommerce and retail processes with a proven track record of using technology to develop creative solutions to complex business solutions
- Understanding of web technologies including Mobile Web and native iOS and/or Android apps
- Familiarity with Content Management systems and automated workflows
- Strong knowledge of related disciplines such as user experience, interaction design and brand communications
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams to promote open communication and teamwork
- Proven ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, utilizing strong and effective communication skills while working in a team-oriented environment.
- Experience working within a work management tool for schedule building, housing project requirements, communications, and time tracking.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot, identify, and execute innovative solutions for digital production challenges
- Proven ability to deliver on commitments and holds others to same.
- Establishes trust and inspires others.
- Highly motivated; will take initiative
- Strategic thinker; consultative
- Able to identify business & user value
- Creative and willing to think outside the box
- A passion for current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities
Why you'll love it here
We’re a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our 5.5 million members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer