Direct Marketing Email Specialist
Posted Date: Nov- 6-2018
Job ID: 12434
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
The Direct Marketing Email Specialist contributes to REI success by maintaining daily operations for promotional and automated email campaigns supporting the company-wide marketing calendar and programs, including REI Adventures.
- Manages the execution of strategic email plans including tactical planning, briefing, creative development, proofing, deployment and recap of performance to apply to future campaigns.
- Assures email campaign deployment parameters are accurate, including versioning, testing, segmentation and dynamic personalization.
- Responsibilities include relationship management with external agencies and internal business partners.
- Manages cross-division to guide the development and implementation of direct marketing programs in support of all REI’s sales channels (retail, online, merchandising and direct sales).
- Collaborates closely with the direct team, campaign stakeholders and numerous cross-divisional stakeholders.
- Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Authors and maintains email project plans for direct marketing efforts to direct internal partners and external agencies
- Proofs, vets and approves creative execution to assure project plan requirements are delivered
- Creates and maintains internal production requests in support of direct marketing efforts
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to identify and/or acquire assets in support of direct marketing plans
- Leads and/or contributes to direct marketing projects as assigned
- Creates and advocates for direct marketing strategies in support of REI company and marketing goals
- Collaborates with Campaign stakeholders, Merchandising, Digital and Brand Creative to ensure delivery of brand-right messages
Bring your passion and expertise
- 3 + years experience in developing marketing plans and strategies in collaboration with cross-divisional partner teams.
- 3 + years experience with Direct Marketing Programs including Email
- 3+ years experience authoring and managing project plans
- Experience executing email campaigns in an enterprise-level ESP, specifically Oracle Responsys (preferred)
- Experience working with content and creative teams including design and copywriting functions.
- Experience with marketing automation and personalization platform, such as Bluecore
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing and cross-divisional processes and relationship needs.
- 1+ years experience in managing external vendors, partners, and relationships connecting to marketing programs preferred.
- 1+ years experience in process management Expert skill level with MS-Office Tools: Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Access.
- Understanding of web analytics tools, such as Omniture or Coremetrics
- BA in Business, Marketing or a quantitative field preferred.
- Proven track record developing program plans that meet/exceed goals and managing program budgets.
- Ability to assess important market requirements and opportunities and identify competitive opportunities.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
Why you'll love it here
We’re a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our 6 million members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer