Director, Enterprise Solutions
Posted Date: Dec-19-2018
Job ID: 12804
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: Eastgate Headquarters
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by developing, recommending, and leading strategies for the Information Technology (IT) Enterprise Systems team, while ensuring the completion of the team’s short-range and long-range plans. In short, you will transform REI's enterprise resource system of the future. You will direct the development, implementation, and support of enterprise applications (SAP, HR, Finance, Warehouse and Product Life-Cycle Management, etc.) as well as the transition of legacy applications to the strategic platforms utilizing a combination of REI development managers and staff, managed or outsourced services and/or Software as a Service (SaaS) providers. You’ll lead the SAP Center of Expertise (COE), which is responsible for the ongoing architecture, strategy, support and continuous improvement of the SAP solution to maximize business value. You’ll propose new applications development plans and initiatives to ensure that they contribute to the achievement of the Company’s strategic business objectives and align with technology governance standards. In this role, you will cultivate and perform the primary business relationship management between IT and corporate functions. You’ll guide recommendations through senior management approval processes.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
- Monitors operational statistics, reports trends, variances and issues, and takes appropriate action.
- Ensures communications and collaboration between various development teams and across IT disciplines on the design, development, testing, integration and performance of applications solutions.
- Ensures collaboration with Project Management team to prioritize and schedule development projects, assign appropriate resources, and track performance.
- Participates in division strategic planning, applying a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems which significantly impact the effective execution of business processes. Ensures that business plans drive technology solutions that support Company effectiveness and profitability
- Leads financial planning and management for the unit to maintain credibility and confidence while satisfying business needs within budget limitations
- Delivers service (day to day and project) through a combination of staff, managed or outsourced services, and/or SaaS providers ensuring seamless delivery
- Leads the governance process for large-scale technology projects and the enterprise technology "roadmap", ensuring that projects are selected and scheduled for implementation based upon business priorities and investment return
- Promotes awareness across the Company of new technologies, innovative products and applications for integration within the Company’s operations
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or business administration, or equivalent training and experience
- 10 years information technology experience, including technology acquisition, applications development, infrastructure support, logistics and operations
- 5+ years information technology management experience
- Progressive experience managing technology functions and technology capital projects for large multi-unit companies through information technology general management
- Experience managing the implementation of large software packages
- Knowledge of retail, manufacturing and distribution processes with experience in multi-channel retailing
- Insight and experience planning and delivering systems in the competitive marketplace
- Ability to develop department-level strategic plans, business plans and annual budgets
- Knowledge of business principles from multiple disciplines and ability to apply those principles to achieve results in cross-functional projects and activities
- Ability to manage and direct highly-technical work teams to superior performance
- Ability to negotiate contracts and agreements with information technology product and service vendors
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some pretty dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer