Director, Global Logistics
Posted Date: Jun- 4-2019
Job ID: 14580
Job Type: Full Time
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI's success by leading and managing all aspects of global logistics operations, focused on revenue growth, margin improvement, and differentiated customer experiences. Accountability includes supply chain strategy facilitation and organizational adoption, division network expansion execution, division IT roadmap and services, division process improvement focused on DC expense reductions and service improvements. In leading the logistic teams, this position is required to meet and/or exceed pricing and lead-time performance benchmarks and service level agreements (SLA). In addition, this position is responsible for delivering cost reduction initiatives and process improvements on an ongoing basis. As a member of Supply Chain leadership team, this job supports and leads the continued development of processes that focus on customer outcomes while evolving to a competitively differentiated REI supply chain. The job provides ongoing leadership over assigned projects within supply chain and informal mentoring of organization alignment. Models and acts in accordance with REI's guiding values and mission.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices ensuring the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results
- Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote REI key messages
- Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results
- Ensures employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements
- Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results
- Establishes and maintains visibility within the department
- Monitors operational statistics, reports trends, variances and issues, and takes appropriate action
Bring your passion and expertise
Provides direction and strategic leadership for; budgeting, contracting, service requirements and team development for supply chain logistics units;
- Truckload and LTL domestic inbound transportation
- Ocean / Air international inbound
- Truckload and LTL outbound store delivery
- Truckload and LTL intra location transfers
- Unified commerce parcel for stores, vendor direct ship and distribution centers
- 3PL freight hubs
- Provides direct and strategic leadership for the development of logistic tools, analytics and information systems
- Strategic leadership for end to end customer focused logistics programs and solutions; aligning Digital, internal logistics, and retail capabilities to optimize service, costs and customer outcomes
- Advance team dedication to customer first, change management, and continuous improvement
- Develops team awareness to industry best practices and new and evolving industry commerce capabilities for future investment and development.
- Provide senior leadership with information and analytics to align enterprise omni-channel programs, integrated logistics, investments, projects and capabilities requirements
- Own contracts, performance and service expectations for all direct and 3PL relationships
- Collaborates with cross-divisional leaders to gain support and execute strategic plans
- Creates support structures to guarantee dependent business processes are maintained at all times. Ensures that required tools and training are available to the staff providing support
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to employees for their personal growth and ability to achieve department, company and customer expectations
- Communicates with team regarding policies and procedures, projects and activities in other groups
- Maintain all regulatory and internal controls requirements
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer