Director, Integrated Marketing
Posted Date: Jun- 4-2021
Job ID: 20248
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by leading integrated marketing teams responsible for multiple brand and business initiatives. Scope of impact includes campaign strategies and integration of all key marketing touchpoints end to end, paid media, performance marketing, content planning, promotions, key national and local events, store employee readiness and earned media. Develops brand-right communication strategies to drive traffic by engaging new and returning customers with compelling content and offers. Increases brand awareness, maintains brand affinity across all channels, and drives brand differentiation in the marketplace.
Accountable for partnering closely with Channels and Planning, and Communications and Community in developing and evolving internal and external marketing capabilities and execution of the marketing eco-system. Collaborates with, and influences digital retail, retail, merchandising and co-op brands to create compelling REI brand stories to customers in order to drive traffic, sales and customer engagement. Represents marketing and business strategies to align cross divisional partners to ensure execution. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote REI key messages.
- Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
- Ensures employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
- Establishes and maintains visibility within the department.
- Monitors operational statistics, reports trends, variances and issues, and takes appropriate action.
- Leads cross divisional teams through the annual go-to-market process across the enterprise in support of the three year enterprise plan.
- Leads teams in the development, planning and execution of the annual and three-year integrated marketing strategy in support of REI corporate vision and strategy.
- Develops REI stories brand communication strategies that drive traffic to acquire new customers, increase brand awareness, growth and attraction of active members and sales.
- Develops marketing strategies and plans to support growth within critical customer and member segments.
- Translates customer and activity insights into REI marketing programs.
- Works across the broader marketing organization to develop 360 plans to grow REI Membership, Co-op Brands, Cooperative Action, and Run, Cycle, Camp, and Hike activities.
- Targets new customers with relevant communications, content, offers and experiences to increase active members and drive sales.
- Leads integrated marketing team to deliver customer-centric and highly differentiated REI marketing plans.
- Responsible for the developing, monitoring and attaining the annual expense budget and goals.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 10+ years of progressively responsible marketing leadership. Effective team leadership of multiple marketing functions and teams.
- Expert knowledge of marketing competencies including: strategic planning, content planning, campaign development and program management, brand communications, mass media, customer acquisition, social & earned media marketing, paid search/internet marketing and analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field.
- Master’s degree in business, marketing or related field.
- Experience in a multi-channel retail company with revenue of $1B+
- Innovative and strategic thinking related to mass media (TV, radio, print), digital advertising, and social & earned media.
- Experience giving direction to and managing media agency relationship.
- Ability to clearly articulate a compelling vision and strategy.
- Strong analytical skills with experience developing financial plans, expense budgets and business cases.
- Understanding of the REI brand and the outdoor specialty retail business.
- Builds capacity of individuals and teams through effective employee development, involvement, communication, and supervision efforts.
- Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best.
- Establishes trust and inspires others.
- Makes effective organization and people decisions in a manner consistent with REI's values and ethics.
- Delivers on commitments and holds others to same.
- Champions the organization and advocates solutions in the overall Company's best interest.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Fosters change in company direction.
- Effectively plans and executes changes.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer