Posted Date: Jun-11-2018
Job ID: 11132
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Executive Leadership
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
The Strategy team at REI is responsible for developing REI’s future vision and growth agenda and working across the entire organization to bring our strategies to life. The Director, Strategy role is broad in scope, and high in visibility and impact, serving as a key partner, influencer, and thought leader working closely with senior leaders and teams across the entire organization. This job contributes to REI’s success by helping lead and develop enterprise strategies that support the long-term health and relevancy of the co-op, challenging our thinking, identifying key growth opportunities and threats, ensuring our strategic initiatives are grounded in solid business cases and insights, and moving the organization forward from strategy to plan to execution.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote REI key messages.
- Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
- Ensures employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
- Establishes and maintains visibility within the department.
- Monitors operational statistics, reports trends, variances and issues, and takes appropriate action.
Your Planning & Navigating Requirements
- Helps lead enterprise strategy development and planning to define and achieve REI’s 3-5 year vision, growth agenda, and future financial plan and economic model.
- Partners closely with senior leaders to define, progress, and bring our most critical strategic growth initiatives to life.
- Serves as a thought-leader across the co-op for macro, consumer, and market insights, synthesizing trends and identifying opportunities and risks that influence our current and future initiatives and strategic positioning.
- Plays a critical role in building effective collaboration across divisions and teams, influencing key stakeholders and driving alignment, decision-making, and accountability across the organization on current and future initiatives.
- Helps lead business development to accelerate our strategies including evaluating partnerships, acquisitions, and new business models
Bring your passion and expertise
- Strategic, big picture, quick thinker and intellectually curious problem solver
- Ability to lead adaptively through complex and ambiguous problems and situations
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build trusted relationships with all levels within and outside of the organization
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to present to and influence diverse audiences on strategic initiatives and business opportunities
- Analytical mindset and ability to synthesize complex information, connect ideas with data, and present in digestible, easy to understand format.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, and effectively manage and meet multiple, simultaneous deadlines with minimum assistance.
- Challenges the status quo, champions and manages change
- Establishes trust and inspires others.
- Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best.
- Champions the organization and advocates strategic thinking and problem solving in the overall Company's best interest.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Synthesizes insights from a variety of sources including feedback from others to reach sound business cases and decisions.
- 10+ years work experience within the retail / consumer, finance, or management consulting fields
- BS or BA, preferably in a related field (business, economics, etc.)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
Why you'll love it here
REI is more than just a place to work. It’s a fun, inspired culture where a rare balance is struck between professional duties and personal adventures. Whether you camp, paddle board, climb mountains or simply prefer local parks, the outdoors connects us all. Then factor in REI’s stewardship, dedication to sustainability and contributions to our customers’ loved outdoor spaces and you have a recipe for some passionate employee
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer