Director Talent Acquisition
Posted Date: May-15-2019
Job ID: 14389
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Human Resources
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
The co-op’s business and culture thrive as a result of talented people working together to achieve the mission to get all people outside. To continue this 80-year legacy one of the most important things we do at REI is bring the most talented, effective, courageous and diverse people to our workforce. The Director of Talent Acquisition (TA) will set the tone and the pace for acquiring the talent which fuels the co-op’s continued success. If you are a mission and team oriented HR leader who’s inspired by the opportunity to help us solve the rather upbeat problem of getting more people outside we’d like to hear from you.
Reporting to the SVP Human Resources, the Director of Talent Acquisition will be responsible for brand building, process improvement, infrastructure, and growing the capabilities/efficiencies of the TA team and hiring managers through helping create a talent partnership model with the business. This role is accountable for talent acquisition strategy, implementation and service level requirements across the organization. You will partner closely with business leadership, other internal customers and the broad talent acquisition team to ensure REI has the needed talent to meet business objectives.
How you’ll lead:
- Develop the Talent Acquisition team by establishing performance expectations, providing ongoing feedback and coaching, ensuring proper staffing levels as well as lead by personal examples and accountability
- Embodies the Co-op’s values in action and purpose driven culture.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and team oriented. Strong partnership abilities, relationship building and influencing skills – with senior business leaders, strategic partners and HR community.
- Demonstrated success developing and managing executive recruiting capabilities in house as well as strategically advancing vendor network partnerships
- Build a team that remains on the leading edge, is scalable, culturally consistent, and forward-thinking: foster the sharing of best practices and lessons learned to the benefit of current and future work
- Embrace technology to ensure tools can deliver efficiency and highest quality results to customers
- Ensure the Talent Acquisition team consistently delivers a best in class candidate experience
- Demonstrate success by applying fresh, creative thinking and a growth mindset to complex challenges/problems resulting in high impact outcomes
Your strategic impact:
- Develop best-in-class talent acquisition strategies, methods, referrals, direct sourcing and social media strategy
- Contribute to the design and evolution of leading-edge recruiting tools and processes for sourcing, assessment and onboarding
- Develop a strong employment brand for REI, incorporating the value proposition into our recruiting processes, tools, events and social media strategies
- Track record of regular interaction with senior-level executives
- Create an exceptional candidate experience that represents our employee experience
- Scale the talent acquisition team, ensuring we have the right resource allocation and ratio of staffing resources with the business
- Build robust talent pipelines that tap into targeted universities, companies, regions and technical communities
- Gets things done, with both a short and long-term view in mind
- Pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to make decisions
Bring your passion and expertise
- 10 years of Talent Acquisition, Recruiting, or related experience; minimum of 5 years of leadership experience
- Demonstrated success in experience in Retail and/or dispersed hourly workforce hiring
- 5 years executive recruiting experience and experience with external executive recruiting firms
- Proven ability to assess, analyze, and communicate company needs, market realities, and talent management implications; and collaborate with HR and business partners to deliver the desired results
- Collaboration: relates well with others, able to build strong relationships with stakeholders and leverages insights to guide critical business decisions, keep others informed of what is going on and asks for input
- Drive Diversity & Inclusion (D&I): drive efforts for the team aligned to the broader D&I strategy
- Direct and provide expert opinion in all recruiting initiatives including integration of assessment tools, employee referral program, relocation, interview skills training, etc. and implement streamlined business practices where appropriate
- Develop and implement talent acquisition strategies, partnering with Finance to refine hiring forecasting capabilities, and establish reporting on key recruiting metrics to measure team effectiveness and provide data-driven, actionable insights and recommendations for continuous improvements
- Decision Making: Excellent decision-making abilities and ability to integrate information and utilize independent, sound judgment. Thinks through all aspects of a problem clearly and logically with a focus on solutions
- Build credibility as a trusted advisor and strong partner within Human Resources, Finance Business Partners, hiring managers and business leaders
- Analytical: Ability to generate and analyze accurate metrics, hard and soft data that regularly informs the work, and report to leadership. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations and data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Stay abreast of latest talent acquisition trends, technologies and methodologies and proactively introduce those to the team and organization
- Partner across the organization with Talent Management to foster internal movement and ensure key talent is considered for critical positions
- Business savvy: Learns the core elements of the business, how the organization works, functional and position specifics to ensure effectiveness across the enterprise and applies that to the Talent Acquisition team
- Results Oriented: high energy, positive attitude, and drive to get things done including when faced with navigating ambiguity
- An obsession for providing an unparalleled candidate and hiring manager experience that reinforces the organization’s culture
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer