Director of HR Business Partnerships
Posted Date: Sep-25-2019
Job ID: 15685
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Human Resources
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
The Director Human Resources – Business Partnership will serve as the senior business partner leader for the Technology and Operations, and Logistics organizations at REI’s headquarters, providing strategic and hands-on operational human resources leadership.
In this high profile, high impact leadership position, you will act as a consultant and adviser to senior leadership of assigned areas while ensuring delivery of specific solutions to meet organizational needs. Aligns team to act as strategic business partners to understand business goals, issues and needs, and proactively identify and resolve opportunities impacting team and individual performance. Accountable for implementation and integration of human resource solutions as well as the evaluation of their impact on meeting strategic goals and objectives. Accountable for employment practice discipline including employee relations and risk mitigation for assigned areas. Develops and communicates vision and strategies for team.
- Plays significant leadership role on HR leadership team, helping set HR strategy across the co-op
- Effectively leads and manages a team of business partners
- Solves complex organizational and talent issues- identifying, monitoring, and reporting on trends early, mapping out solutions, and executing against the best solutions for the co-op and its employees
- Leads change management and culture work across the business
- Influences, educates and coaches executives regarding team effectiveness, change management, and leadership
- Partners with HR Centers of Excellence (compensation, talent management, recruiting, etc.) to ensure that HR programs and processes are aligned with the business needs and are well executed
- Identifies and supports business initiatives with related HR & people needs; oversees delivery & successful implementation of all HR programs
- Supports the implementation of company HR programs, procedures, policy and practice
- Motivates, challenges and inspires employees to achieve business objectives
- Oversees training and development of team members and makes effective staffing decisions
- Conducts and ensures the completion of co-op’s performance management process
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, co-op and customer results
Bring your passion and expertise
- B.A. in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Organizational Development, or other related discipline required. Advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum 10+ years’ of broad and progressive HR leadership in a fast-paced and agile organization with a continuous learning approach to talent management.
- Minimum 3+ years' at Manager level experience required.
- Problem Solver, creative yet pragmatic problem solver who can partner across the organization to drive to execution.
- Strong business acumen, "street smarts," and an in-depth understanding of the HR and financial implications of business decisions.
- Analytical Thinking and Decision Making, a "conceptualizer" of business strategies and objective who can integrate that thinking into HR strategies.
- Leadership Development have a deep experience with developing talent and bench strength, and workforce planning.
- Results Oriented be a driver who possesses the ability to take action and implement effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written).
- Teamwork and Interpersonal Skills a team player and relationship builder who works effectively with others to identify and resolve issues, across functions.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer