Director of Mobile Apps
Posted Date: Oct-15-2018
Job ID: 12321
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
A mobile first approach is core to REI’s customer and digital experience. The Director of Mobile Apps contributes to REI's success by developing a mobile vision, strategy, and roadmap and leading the development of its mobile apps. This leader will work cross-divisionally on key business strategies to deliver best in class, multi-screen capabilities for REI's Members and customers, in support of their end to end customer experience. The Director of Mobile Apps will lead the development and maintenance of REI's mobile strategy by providing product direction from existing ideas, and developing new ideas based on industry experience, REI’s business strategy, and a deep understanding of customer needs. This leader possesses an understanding of digital ecosystems, a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. This Director works closely with cross-divisional leaders and vendor partners to align on mobile and digital business growth opportunities
- Models and acts in accordance with REI's guiding values and mission.
- Leads development of the REI cross-divisional mobile app strategy and roadmap for REI's customer-facing mobile experiences.
- Aligns with agile and IT development teams to ensure execution of the mobile strategies & development roadmap.
- Aligns cross-divisional support for REI’s digital offerings including Marketing, Retail Stores, Customer Support, IT and Finance.
- Ensures the development of a marketing plan to launch new features & functionality.
- Develops success criteria and analytic requirements that support the development of performance reporting.
- Leverages customer research, use pattern analytics and monitors industry trends to validate investment strategy.
- Specifies customer requirements for current and future products through customer research and analysis of industry trends.
- Develops and manages vendor partner contracts and relationships.
- Stays up-to-speed on industry trends, devices, and capabilities to enhance the customer experience.
- Serves as the internal and external evangelist for the REI Mobile experience.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 8+ years’ experience in the mobile space – including product development of mobile websites, native apps across multiple platforms & form factors.
- 5+ years’ experience developing strategic growth plans in a technology/eCommerce management role.
- B.A./B.S. degree required, MBA preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to align cross-divisional groups on strategy and roadmap.
- Familiarity with information architecture, design, and user experience best practices.
- Familiarity with the execution of mobile programs including push notifications, SMS, mobile marketing and location-based technologies.
- Strategic thinker with a passion for innovation, backed by demonstrated ability to execute and deliver.
- Data-driven decision-making and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills - able to communicate with all areas of REI and influence others in a collaborative work environment.
- Highly motivated, organized, able to multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to synthesize customer research into actionable product development plans.
- Builds capacity of individuals and teams through effective employee development, involvement, communication, and supervision efforts.
- Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
Why you'll love it here
Real. Alive. Connected. These are a few words that describe life at REI. Whether it’s in our careers or in the great outdoors, we aspire to adventure in all ways! At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. Get ready to harness your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer