Divisional Vice President Supply Chain Operations
Posted Date: Jan- 8-2020
Job ID: 16803
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Executive Leadership
Store: Distribution Center WA
What's cool about this job
The Divisional Vice President (DVP) of Supply Chain Operations contributes to REI’s success by leading the operations and strategic departments within Supply Chain division. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Supply Chain, this DVP will drive operational efficiencies with a focus on a multi-DC operation and facilities, budgeting, analytics, technology, and process improvement. This position will lead strategy development for growth and expansion of services. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- As a member of the Leadership Forum, develops a deep understanding of, effectively communicates and broadly supports execution of company strategies and priorities.
- Translates company strategies into actionable divisional plans and executes successful delivery.
- Works cross-divisionally to drive execution of specific divisional and company strategies, initiatives and projects.
- Strengthens retail staff’s access and connection to leadership through annual store visits and district conference calls; drives engagement and builds trust in REI’s leaders
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote REI key messages.
- Champion’s and models The Co-op Way
- Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
- Ensures employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
- Establishes and maintains visibility within the department.
- Monitors operational statistics, reports trends, variances and issues, and takes appropriate action.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Creates vision and ratifies decisions for teams responsible for the daily operations of the Distribution Centers, Shared Services, Technology, and Process Improvement.
- Guides and leads the Supply Chain Operations and Shared Services team.
- Ratifies and prioritizes the strategic processes of operational efficiencies and enhancements.
- Achieves divisional results through successful implementation, integration, and measurement of metric data.
- Ensures the effective, efficient execution of delivering inventory for sale event plans and seasonal campaigns for multi-channel retailing operations.
- In partnership with REI’s cross divisional leadership teams, prioritizes the development of cross channel systems and systems capabilities.
- Develops, monitors, and attains the annual expense budget and goals.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer