This is a broad, expansive function within the organization that is responsible for shaping and implementing strategies that will ensure that we offer a differentiated work environment and culture that helps us attract, develop, and retain top diverse talent. These strategies will identify high-potential talent and cultivate that talent, making sure our succession pipeline is healthy, diverse and our strongest performers are here to stay while progressing our co-op culture. Your role will be critical in building the next generation of leaders and maximizing the engagement of our people.
We are organizing talent and diversity together so that we can accelerate our success against our diversity goals – having the levers in recruiting, training, development and work force planning processes and integrating the work is necessary to help truly move the needle with respect to diversity and inclusion. REI has prioritized talent development, culture, and diversity as part of its transformation plan.
Key accountabilities include building and implementing strategies that strengthen and enhance talent management practices, succession, leadership development, DEI, talent acquisition and employee engagement up and down the co-op.
At REI Co-op, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived and exist to inspire and enable a life outside for everyone. To deliver on that promise, we are working with our 15,000 employees, 19M members and the broader outdoor community toward a reality where everyone has the opportunity to be themselves, to access opportunities and find their place in the outdoors. For us, that means:
- Investing in work that removes the barriers people and communities face to getting outside
- Delivering relevant products, experiences, and expertise to equip and inspire a new generation of outdoor stewards
- Cultivating a workforce that reflects the demographics of the markets we serve
- Leading the industry’s efforts to welcome people and communities historically underrepresented into outdoor media and culture
The DVP, Talent & Diversity will do this by:
- As a member of the Leadership Forum, develops a deep understanding of, effectively communicates and broadly supports execution of company strategies and priorities.
- Translates company strategies into actionable plans and executes successful delivery.
- Works cross-divisionally to drive execution of specific divisional and company strategies, initiatives, and projects.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods, and practices to promote REI key messages.
- Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
- Responsible for growing and developing their team to drive employee engagement and career development.
- Provides coaching, direction, and leadership support to employees to achieve division, co-op, and customer results.
- Play a pivotal role in developing and implementing the Talent, Diversity, and Culture/ways of working Strategies in support of the talent philosophy.
- Build innovative solutions to enable the achievement of our talent strategy through a focus on building a robust internal and external talent pipeline, attracting and retaining top talent, increasing internal mobility, and fostering a culture committed to the development and growth of our employees. This includes driving diversity and inclusion initiatives and reimagining talent management for the future.
- Collaborates directly with key strategic partners, senior leaders, and critical HR partners.
- Will help craft and weigh in on overall HR strategy and be a critical member of the HR leadership team.
- Help develop, deploy, and refine the talent life cycle at REI (goal setting, performance evaluations, succession planning, individual development, capability building, and top talent development programs).
- Responsible for assessing and establishing REI’s go-forward recruitment strategy, which contains a strong integrated plan for expanding the diversity of our workforce in line with our formal diversity goals.
- Will work with their team to establish and communicate the company's diversity goals, and track progress against them, as well as design interventions to help reach the stated goals.
- Own and manage budget associated with Talent Acquisition, Talent Management and Diversity (i.e. job boarding, agency spend, contractors, Glint etc.).
- Develop and foster strong relationships with external community and professional groups locally focused on improving diversity representation and inclusive workplace cultures.
- Drive diversity representation and inclusion and build talent pipelines that attract and retain talent.
- Effectively work across the co-op to develop cohesive REDI strategies and ensure alignment and leaders of planning and execution for progress on diversity
- Oversee, develop, recommend, and lead key strategic talent initiatives such as leadership development, change management, workforce and succession planning, talent acquisition, employee training and development, performance management.
- Act as consultant/partner to the HRBP team up to the executive level on organizational design and development.
- Set the vision for programs, practices, and processes that make a strategic connection between diversity and inclusion practices as it relates to the talent management and development strategy.