Domain Architect – Retail Systems
Posted Date: Dec-14-2018
Job ID: 12359
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: Eastgate Headquarters
What's cool about this job
Come join our Customer and Experiences team as a Domain Architect focused on our Retail Stores. REI is a different type of retailer – not only selling product, but adventures as well. REI also provides extensive content meant to inspire everyone at every level to enjoy the outdoors.
This position is exciting in that you will be able to take all three components of REI and make them come to life in our Retail Stores. You will not only provide expertise around the traditional Retail applications (Registers, Mobile Selling, Enterprise Payment, etc), but you will collaborate in finding innovative ways to incorporate all the knowledge REI has to offer as well. This role crosses between our Digital Teams and Retail team.
It is a very exciting time to be at REI! If you have a passion for finding innovative solutions to take Retail to the next level and want to inspire a love of the outdoors, this is the job for you.
As a Retail Systems Domain Architect at REI you will be responsible to:
- Define Architectural Roadmaps for the Retail Stores, including POS, Enterprise payment, Labor Scheduling, Retail Mobile
- Develop and Evaluate Solution Options
- Mentor development teams
- Collaborate with business partners, business analysts, and technology teams to find innovative solutions
- Present technology solutions to senior leadership
Bring your passion and expertise
- 8+ years experience developing real world scaled solutions, specifically for Retail or E-Commerce
- Demonstrated experience in influencing and mentoring teams
- Demonstrated ability of shaping solutions to solve business problems
- Demonstrated experience in building key relationships
- Demonstrated experience in defining technical roadmaps
- Ability to challenge the status quo, championing change
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer