Posted Date: Aug-29-2019
Job ID: 15488
Job Type: Full Time
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
A Direct Marketing Email Specialist contributes to REI success by maintaining daily operations for promotional and automated email campaigns supporting the company-wide marketing calendar and programs. Manages the execution of strategic email plans including tactical planning, briefing, creative development, proofing, deployment, and recap of performance to apply to future campaigns. Assures email campaign deployment parameters are accurate, including versioning, testing, segmentation, and dynamic personalization.
Responsibilities include relationship management with external agencies and internal business partners. Manages cross-division to guide the development and implementation of direct marketing programs in support of all REI’s sales channels (retail, online, merchandising and direct sales).
Collaborates closely with the direct team, campaign stakeholders and numerous cross-divisional stakeholders. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Authors and maintains email project plans for direct marketing efforts to direct internal partners and external agencies.
- Proofs, vets and approves creative execution to assure project plan requirements are delivered
- Manages email asset storage.
- Creates and maintains internal production requests in support of direct marketing efforts
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to identify and/or acquire assets in support of direct marketing plans.
- Leads and/or contributes to direct marketing projects as assigned
- Creates and advocates for direct marketing strategies in support of REI company and marketing goals.
- Collaborates with Campaign stakeholders, Merchandising, Digital and Brand Creative to ensure delivery of brand-right messages.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 3 + years experience in developing marketing plans and strategies in collaboration with cross-divisional partner teams.
- 3 + years experience with Direct Marketing Programs including Email
- 3+ years experience authoring and managing project plans
- Experience executing email campaigns in an enterprise-level ESP, specifically Oracle Responsys (preferred)
- Experience working with content and creative teams including design and copywriting functions.
- Experience with marketing automation and personalization platform, such as Bluecore
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing and cross-divisional processes and relationship needs.
- 1+ years experience in managing external vendors, partners, and relationships connecting to marketing programs preferred.
- 1+ years experience in process management
- Expert skill level with MS-Office Tools: Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Access.
- Understanding of web analytics tools, such as Omniture or Coremetrics
- BA in Business, Marketing or a quantitative field preferred.
- Proven track record developing program plans that meet/exceed goals and managing program budgets.
- Ability to assess important market requirements and opportunities and identify competitive opportunities.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer