Employee Service Center Representative
Posted Date: Dec-13-2019
Job ID: 16520
Job Type: Full Time
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
The HR Employee Service Center (ESC) Representative assists REI employees inquiring about various Human Resources programs and external candidates seeking employment with REI. You will play a vital role within HR to:
- Research and respond to employee questions via phone, email, and in-person relating to pay, benefits, policies, and compliance.
- Deliver on team’s service level agreement with proactive and timely customer follow up. Keep employees informed of progress or resolution of their inquiry within a 24-hour turnaround.
- Utilize tracking system to document incoming and outgoing communications.
- Empower employees to learn more about HR programs by educating them on REI’s self-service tools.
- Partner with HR Business Partners, Payroll, Recruiting, Benefits, HRIS, and Retail Operations teams to deliver a seamless customer experience.
- Assist external candidates with the hiring process including site navigation and applicant account resolution.
- Act as an administrative owner for key HR processes and programs and maintain a standard process with great attention to detail.
- Identify process opportunities, improve and maintain process documentation, and train team members on use of the process.
- Expand application, plan and process knowledge to develop and maintain “expert” level understanding of HR systems, programs and policies.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 2+ years of customer service experience preferably in a Human Resources organization.
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 1+ years of basic MS Excel experience, intermediate experience preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Sharepoint, One Note, and Outlook.
- Solid understanding of HRIS (Ultimate Software preferred) and call tracking systems.
- Broad knowledge of HR programs and policies preferred with understanding of how processes and programs interface with other department’s work.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a professional environment with confidential information.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Builds effective relationships and works collaboratively in a small team environment.
- Deliver consistent and thorough completion of assigned tasks within established deadlines.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer