Enterprise Planning Manager
Posted Date: Jun- 3-2019
Job ID: 14606
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Finance
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
This position contributes to REI’s success by coordinating the creation of the enterprise revenue budget and forecasts, working to ensure consistency and integrity at all levels of divisional fidelity. The Enterprise Planning Manager leverages business intelligence from cross divisional analytics teams, planners, and key stakeholders to understand all aspects of customer demand to better articulate and translate how revenue manifests at REI. Incorporates partner inputs to identify performance trends, risks, and opportunities, shape the revenue curve, and optimize budgets/forecasts by channel, fiscal day, and promotional time periods. Represents enterprise budgets/forecasts and ad-hoc analysis in executive forums to help craft the performance narrative and makes recommendations for adjustments to the company’s current operating plan and long term strategic plans.
The Enterprise Planning Manager provides leadership to cross divisional planners in REI’s philosophical, methodological, and technical budget process and improvements. Consults with divisional analytics teams and IT to develop and deploy business and leadership facing reporting and tools that adhere to enterprise definitions and standards. Active resource for FP&A colleagues to understand assumptions driving budget/forecast decisions to help ensure a coherent and scaled P&L that supports profit expectations.
- Coordinates weekly performance updates with cross-divisional partners
- Develops & communicates event reporting and analysis to cross-divisional partners
- Develops demand key performance indicators reporting and planning processes • Builds daily demand budgets for the retail, digital, and S&CS channels
- Provides fidelity on the demand building blocks, including: returns, cancellations, and fulfillment order flows
- Collaborates with Supply Chain to apply an informed algorithm to land a demand generated revenue budget and forecasts
- Partners with retail planners, web analytics and mobile team to understand business performance of key areas
- Consolidates planning inputs from: key marketing events, customer communication calendars, holiday plans, merchandise planning, retail operations, real estate and new investments
- Ad-hoc financial modeling to inform business decisions as requested
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years experience Retail Business Planning or financial analysis; multi-channel marketing and geo-targeting planning perspective required
- Four-year college degree (or equivalent experience)
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet timelines required
- Proven negotiation skills and relationship building skills required
- Problem solving skills with ability to identify opportunities, provide sound analysis on options and recommend solutions required
- Thorough understanding of retail math (Sales, Turn and Margin)
- Advanced skills with marketing and business-related PC Applications: Excel, Word, Outlook, and Powerpoint
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one’s own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customer
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer