Posted Date: Dec-24-2019
Job ID: 16558
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Administrative
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by providing highly complex administrative assistance for two Vice Presidents within the Merchandising Division. Ensures that the daily and ongoing administrative tasks are accomplished in a way that supports the Company’s business initiatives and objectives. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Acts as an extension of the executive in the operation of the daily affairs of the executive’s business.
- Responds to internal and external company contacts regarding the executive, the company’s operations, and its financial results as if they were acting in the stead of the executive.
- Reflects the executive’s style and company culture when carrying out activities.
- Schedules meetings, arranges appointments and manages executive’s calendar. Manages requests for an executive’s time and attention to internal and external issues while ensuring executive schedules are met while key issues and matters are effectively addressed.
- Maintains a high level of service even when directing inquiries away from the executive to help better manage their calendar and activities.
- Prepares and researches presentations, emails, announcements and other and correspondence and reflects executive’s style and professionalism when doing so.
- Carries out assignments relating to civic or committee activities of the executive. May at times assist with personal activities as well.
- Coordinates travel, itineraries, meeting space and meeting materials.
- Answers telephone calls, email requests and written correspondence.
- Accountable for the delivery of complete, timely and accurate work products.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years of administrative and clerical support experience, including previous experience supporting corporate managers and/or executives.
- Ability to operate office equipment including multi-line phone, photocopier, and fax machine.
- Ability to draft, proofread and edit documents for spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to operate a personal computer using MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage an executive’s calendar and make travel arrangements.
- Ability to use discretion when dealing with information of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer