Posted Date: Jul-12-2019
Job ID: 14907
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Human Resources
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
Our Executive Recruiter contributes to the success of REI by attracting, sourcing and recruiting diverse pools of Divisional Vice President (DVP) + talent for current and future organizational needs. This job acts in a consulting role and is responsible for developing sourcing and recruitment strategies for internal and external candidates. The Executive Recruiter will partner with senior human resources and business leaders to define hiring needs, leveraging workforce planning, succession planning and proactive candidate generation to fill openings and build pipeline leadership bench. They will work closely with hiring managers, talent acquisition and HR Business Partners (HRBPs).
- Partners with senior business leaders and senior HR leaders to understand business strategies, organizational plans and talent landscape
- Works closely with HRBPs, Talent Acquisition (TA) and Performance Effectiveness leaders to ensure internal talent is identified for current and future leadership roles-knows pivotal roles and key talent
- Develops talent strategies to meet current and future executive staffing needs
- Leads all phases of sourcing, recruiting and offer process for executive level positions
- Develops and executes candidate generation strategies
- Utilizes industry leading tools, practices and expertise to identify and manage diverse talent pools
- Applies an in-depth understanding of company and competitive intelligence, organizational structures and compensation practices to drive effective talent engagement and acquisition
- Cultivates and sustains effective working relationships across the company
- Conducts in-depth candidate assessments and presents finalists to hiring managers
- Consults with hiring managers and teams on interview and hiring strategies
- Develops metrics and analyzes trends to ensure recruitment effectiveness
- Advocates for operational excellence
- In partnership with Director, TA, may select and manage recruitment firms
- Evaluates cost-benefit impact in developing agency agreements to control cost and ensure quality
- Manages sensitive information and always exercises acute discretion
- May supervise others indirectly or directly, as required
- Create and implement an executive recruiting process
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- 8-10 years of full cycle, executive level recruiting experience with candidate generation skills, networking/relationship building skills and ability to source candidates from job boards, niche sites, cold calling, etc.
- Consultative and customer service skills are a priority: must be inter-personally effective and comfortable interacting with employees at all levels
- Able to work independently in a dynamic environment of change, challenge and multiple deadlines/priorities
- Executive Recruiting experience in a corporate environment
- Solid Microsoft Office knowledge (Excel, Word & Outlook); Internet
- Well versed in recruiting technology (applicant tracking, candidate relationship management, social media)
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer