Experience Design Manager I
Posted Date: Jul-16-2021
Job ID: 20670
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
Responsible for assisting on the new experience design projects in physical environments that support organizational objectives. Works individually or with a team to assist in the development of conceptual design studies, preliminary layouts and 3D studies that support the design of physical spaces. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Supports projects in collaboration with Project Teams, both internal and external.
- Utilizes available tools to optimize process efficiency, including preparing documentation and providing training on tools and processes.
- Assists in the success of meeting project deadlines and schedules. Understands the necessity of project standards and applies them consistently.
- Works directly with the Experience Design Project Mangers to ensure that each project/program is on strategy and on schedule.
- Provides design support to the team in order to achieve REI’s overall project goals and schedule, including but not limited to design and implementation.
- Assists in the design and discussion of projects with 3D drawings as needed.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 1+ years of visual, space planning, fixture and experiential design in the retail environment.
- 1+ years cross-divisional planning, project management experience in a retail environment preferable
- BA or AA in Architecture, Interior Design or related degree
- Design and visual merchandising experience in a multi-store environment
- Ability to travel nationally for installations and inspiration
- Ability to create and maintain process systems, documentations and support tools
- Basic Computer Skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, InDesign, Photoshop and drawing program to communicate designs.
- Proficient in 3D Skills.
- Actively participates and effectively collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions to support the quality of the design.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of brand enhancing opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Develops Work Smart methods setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Develops ability to execute effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer