REI’s Outdoor Programs is a fast paced, fun, and innovative team. Over the next 2 years we are working together toward doubling the number of participants we engage through inspiring outdoor experiences while also tightening REI’s connection in the local community. This job contributes to REI’s success by leading customer service and physical operations for all regional programming, inclusive of all day and multiday programming and rentals. In this role you will be leading the day-to-day operations of the market, assisting with client needs, and maintaining client relationships in person, via email, phone calls and paperwork. This role assists in the coordination of program logistics, and permit management, prior to outdoor programs. Other duties include communicating with local business partners and assisting with field programming. Some key responsibilities include:
· Support guides by providing guidance, mentorship, and training on program operations
· Assist with leadership and role modeling and providing feedback regarding operational expectations and performance
· Lead coordination of regional programming logistics, and operations
· Lead / Assist coordination of permits, contracts, and agreements
· Assist regional teams in annual and quarterly program business analysis, inventory planning, and development
· Develop and maintain program resources and systems
· Create local venue guides and update local operating procedures
· Manage program marketing through Event Registration and work with Regional/National Business Development Managers
· Stay attuned to regional performance trends and report findings to Supervisor
· Respond in a timely and appropriate manner to customer inquiries
· Communicate logistics and changes to customers and guides
· Maintain a thorough understanding of rental, day and multiday programs and services
· Perform as a Guide when assigned or on short notice
· Other support duties as assigned
Do you aspire to adventure? Do you thrive in the outdoors and want to help others do the same? Bring your passion to REI and help fulfill our mission to educate, inspire and outfit our customers for a lifetime of outdoor adventure and stewardship. REI Outdoor Programs & Outreach helps people experience the outdoors through education and by making it easy for people to get outside and enjoy the outdoors. We provide entry-level to intermediate-level outdoor education programs in everything from Rock Climbing to Kayaking to Mountain Biking to Navigation. Here are the skills and experience levels we look for in teammates:
· 2+ years in program operations and/or customer service experience
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Flexibility in scheduling: must be able to work weekends and holidays
· Current First aid/CPR certification (If candidate is hired without current certifications, candidate must complete within the first 3 months of hire.)
· Valid in-state driver’s license with an acceptable driving background and ability to obtain a medical examiner’s certificate, which includes a physical and drug screen.
· Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
· Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
· Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems and in the pursuit of business opportunities.
· Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
· Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
· Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
· Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
· Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
· Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
· Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
· Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, REI provides a range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include a wide array of factors, including: your specific skills and experience, geographic location or other relevant factors.
The rate of pay range for this role is:
§753. Factors to be considered concerning a previous criminal conviction; presumption.
1. In making a determination pursuant to section seven hundred fifty-two of this chapter, the public agency or private employer shall consider the following factors:
(a) The public policy of this state, as expressed in this act, to encourage the licensure and employment of persons previously convicted of one or more criminal offenses.
(b) The specific duties and responsibilities necessarily related to the license or employment sought or held by the person.
(c) The bearing, if any, the criminal offense or offenses for which the person was previously convicted will have on his fitness or ability to perform one or more such duties or responsibilities.
(d) The time which has elapsed since the occurrence of the criminal offense or offenses.
(e) The age of the person at the time of occurrence of the criminal offense or offenses.
(f) The seriousness of the offense or offenses.
(g) Any information produced by the person, or produced on his behalf, in regard to his rehabilitation and good conduct.
(h) The legitimate interest of the public agency or private employer in protecting property, and the safety and welfare of specific individuals or the general public.
2. In making a determination pursuant to section seven hundred fifty-two of this chapter, the public agency or private employer shall also give consideration to a certificate of relief from disabilities or a certificate of good conduct issued to the applicant, which certificate shall create a presumption of rehabilitation in regard to the offense or offenses specified therein.