Posted Date: Apr- 8-2019
Job ID: 14021
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Merchandising
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by effective analysis, forecasting, acquisition and management of product inventory to meet planned financial goals for sales, turnover, margin and in-stock. Accountable for maintaining effective business relationships and communications with vendor partners, Merchandising Product and Replenishment teams, and various cross-divisional colleagues. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Analyzes and acts upon product trends and performance
- Reconciles category forecasts with seasonal financial plans
- Forecasts in-season and pre-season product demand
- Manages product inventory flow to sales and margin budget
- Initiates and manages purchase orders
- Manages vendor accountability for delivery accuracy and timeliness
- Manages markdown planning and product end-of-lifecycle decisions
- Partners with Merchandising Data Specialist & Assistant Category Merchant to manage open orders
Bring your passion and expertise
- Minimum 2 years merchandising experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- PC proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, Explorer.
- Experience with product inventory analysis, acquisition, allocation and management for multiple stores and direct sales.
- Understanding and effective execution of merchandising trend analysis: industry, product, regional, seasonal, fashion, technical.
- Understanding and effective execution of merchandising math principles: initial mark-up, gross margin, markdowns, shrink, damages, inventory turnover, open-to-buy.
- Familiarity and interest in REI products, activities and services.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one’s own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one’s viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
Why you'll love it here
We’re a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our over 6 million active members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!You'll get to work with vendors who represent some of the top brands in the outdoor industry!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer