Posted Date: Jul-19-2021
Job ID: 20615
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Merchandising
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success through effective analysis, accurate forecasting, Vendor relations and acquisition/management of product inventory to meet planned financial goals for sales, turnover, margin and in-stock rates. Accountable for maintaining effective business relationships and communications with Merchandising Product and Replenishment teams, vendor partners and various cross-divisional colleagues. Provides detailed and accurate insight into the business to facilitate continued growth for both Retail stores and Digital businesses. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Owns creation of seasonal forecasts for product demand based on analysis and input from Merchant Product partners
- Partner with Category Planning Manager (CPM) to reconcile category forecasts with seasonal financial plans ensuring goals are achievable and present the plan to department leadership
- Analyzes and acts upon product trends and performance with a forward-looking mindset to deliver additional sales
- Ability to apply sound financial actions to a product strategy to deliver growth
- Manages product inventory flow in-season & pre-season to achieve performance goals
- Initiates and manages purchase orders
- Drives vendor accountability for delivery accuracy and timeliness and negotiates to achieve profitability goals
- Manages markdown planning and product end-of-lifecycle decisions
- Uses strong communication skills to actively collaborate and challenge others for the achievement of business goals.
- Provides analysis and feedback to Merchant Product & Planning partners to influence better Assortment Planning
- Provides ad-hoc analysis and reporting to support business needs as a category expert
- Partners with Merchandising Data Specialist & Assistant Category Merchant to manage open orders
- Partners with Replenishment Analyst on funding & prioritizing In Season item reactions
- Pursue self-development through work with your Manager, training and networking with other FAs
- Develop change management skills to thrive in an expanding work environment
- Participate in cross-functional project opportunities to gain Co-Op wide perspective
Bring your passion and expertise
- Minimum 2 years merchandising experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Familiarity and interest in REI products, activities and services preferred.
- PC proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, Explorer.
- Experience with product trend analysis, inventory analysis, forecasting, acquisition, allocation and management for multiple stores and digital sales.
- Understanding and effective execution of merchandising math principles; open to buy, initial mark-up, gross margin, markdowns, shrink, damages, inventory turnover
- Uses strong communication skills, business acumen, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines and strong communication to produce quality work.
- Creates and then acts upon opportunities involving and influencing others in the accomplishment of organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer