Fraud Specialist I
Posted Date: Jan-29-2019
Job ID: 13254
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Finance
Store: Sales & Customer Support
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by protecting the Co-op from external losses incurred due to fraudulent transactions submitted through card not present channels (REI.com and call center orders). The position monitors card not present transactions using a variety of tools and reports to detect fraudulent orders while ensuring that legitimate customer orders proceed to fulfillment. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission
- Reviews card not present transactions for potential fraud. Researches legitimacy of orders using strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Validates legitimate orders and provides excellent customer service as needed. Diffuses escalated situations with tact and diplomacy
- As assigned, performs reporting to analyze and detect external fraud attacks that may not be otherwise visible
- Communicates with financial institutions to ensure the integrity of payments/transactions under review
- Communicates possible trends, anomalies, or patterns to the team
- Recognizes and communicates possible process improvements/fraud mitigation strategies
- Communicates with other teams including the Call Center, Customer Service, Payment Services, and Retail
- Assists members of the Asset Protection field team as needed
- Other duties/special projects as assigned
Bring your passion and expertise
- 2+ years experience in eCommerce Asset Protection, banking industry or equivalent
- Working knowledge of S&CS systems, including COM/SOM, CSA, OSI, and EJ
- Knowledge of rule-based/machine learning fraud detection systems, including transaction review, advanced reporting, and analysis.
- Ability to effectively perform investigations using all available tools, including online directories, social media, CCTV, and internal databases Knowledge of bankcard chargeback/dispute resolution and lifecycle
- Knowledge of exception based reporting software
- LPQ or LPC (Loss Prevention Certified from the Loss Prevention Foundation) or equivalent Certification
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change
Why you'll love it here
We’re a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our over 6 million active members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer