Functional Analyst Intern
Posted Date: Nov- 5-2019
Job ID: 16076
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Internship
What's cool about this job
REI is looking for a Functional Analyst Intern to contribute to REI’s success by working as part of a cross-functional team and actively participate in day-to-day functions of the Enterprise Systems group. Throughout the course of your internship experience, you will own and drive a challenging and relevant project to solve real-time business challenges. Under the supervision of your Manager, and as a key member of the Enterprise Systems group, you will gain insights into the key functions of your team as it relates to REI’s broader strategy and vision.
Examples of our Enterprise Systems Intern projects may include:
- Under the direction of a Senior Functional Analyst serve as a Functional Analyst Intern on a project in one of the areas we support (Asset Protection, Legal, Real Estate, HR)
- Perform requirements gathering, analysis, functional specification and help test team with test case development
- Use our IT Service Management Tool (ServiceNow) to develop dashboard reports to help mature how we manage and provide visibility to our portfolio and services.
REI Introduction and Exposure to:
- Seattle Area
- Challenging and relevant project assignments
- REI retail stores and market competition
- Leadership team members
- Cross-divisional intern activities
Bring your passion and expertise
Job functions include:
- Perform the following:
- Requirements gathering
- Functional analysis,
- Functional specification creation
- Develop dashboard reporting
Qualifications and expectations:
- Currently majoring in Computer Science or Information System
- Coursework completed in some or all the following areas: Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Candidates should have a strong aptitude in analytics and problem solving.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer