What's cool about this job
About the REI Cooperative Action Fund
The REI Cooperative Action Fund (the “Fund”) is a new community-supported 501(c)(3) nonprofit that believes time outside is a human right. But today, millions of Americans lack access to nature and thriving outdoor spaces. Scores of others do not feel safe or a sense of belonging in the outdoors-stemming from ongoing systems of inequity, injustice and racism. That’s why REI Co-op founded the REI Cooperative Action Fund.
Along with REI members, employees, business partners and donors, the Fund raises dollars to support organizations promoting justice, equity and belonging in the outdoors that, in turn, strengthen the health and well-being of people and communities. To learn more visit www.REIfund.org.
The Fund’s core organizational values are to:
Lead with equity, justice, and belonging in all we do
Courageously reimagine and advance new ways forward
Have a long-term perspective
Maintain a long-term perspective Always be accountable and transparent
Listen, hold space, learn, and act respectfully.
We are seeking a creative and collaborative team member with a deep commitment to the mission of the Fund with demonstrated success in complex program/project management in a business setting -- ideally with marketing and national retail and/or field teams. This role will help manage REI Cooperative Action Fund fundraising campaigns in partnership with teams across REI Co-op, manage donor acknowledgement and engagement, analyze fundraising data to improve outcomes, develop top-notch Fund communications/stories and plan and execute fundraising events. This role will monitor fundraising best practices and emerging trends to assess how new opportunities and capabilities can be leveraged to directly improve the experiences of donors. This position will lead high-impact initiatives, influencing outcomes and representing the team in cross-divisional REI forums and with the general public. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial mind-set, a proven ability to collaborate and influence others and a willingness to learn best-in-class fundraising approaches and strategies. You must be very self-directed and work independently and collaboratively. This person also will contribute to a small-team culture that emphasizes transparency, integrity, collaboration, inclusion, and social justice.
Fundraising program management and relationships
• Leverage top notch program and project management and exceptional partnership building skills to effectively co-create and execute with partners at REI the bi-annual fundraising campaigns that center on in-store donations at POS.
• Work with leaders and teams across REI to identify and close critical program gaps through relationship building, robust evaluation processes and research.
• Analyze the Fund’s donor data to improve fundraising program outcomes.
• Lead and execute donor events across the country. Some will be in partnership with REI retail and local marketing teams. Others may be events hosted solely by the Fund.
• Maintain the Fund’s donor database to ensure accurate and efficient donor management and engagement.
• Work with the Fund’s Development Director to build fundraising and donor strategies and research to grow its major gift and planned giving program.
• Ensure timely, thorough, accurate and transparent donor communication and acknowledgement process.
• Create content and craft top-notch written and verbal communications for donors and partners.
• Facilitate meetings that foster collaboration and alignment.
• Help host and facilitate donor meetings and events.
• Collect, curate and write impact stories about Fund grantee partners for Fund’s annual report, donor e-mails, website and social media.