Great Operators / Process Improvement Program Specialist (temporary role through December 2019)
Posted Date: Jun-25-2019
Job ID: 14647
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by providing support to the Chief Customer Officer group Great Operators journey.
- Have a passion for process improvement, prior experience preferred
- Support and participate in monthly Great Operators cohort group meetings: Process Improvement, Engagement, and Communication
- Support various process improvement initiatives in partnership with manager and team
- Monthly new hire training sessions: meeting invites and follow-up, order food, room setup, supplies, record attendees
- Help create and support monthly Simple Sessions
- General administrative support: meetings, supplies, food, printing, copies, process improvement documentation, etc.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Demonstrated ability to manage work in a deadline and process-driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively
- Demonstrated attention to detail, a commitment to accuracy and thoroughness
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, establishing priorities and keeping others informed of work plans and progress towards goals
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot office technology issues and manage scheduling programs
- Actively participates and collaborates with others for the achievement of business goals
- Flexible in one’s viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI
- Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best
- Establishes trust and inspires others
- Makes effective organization decisions in a manner consistent with REI's values and ethics
- Delivers on commitments and holds others to same
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer