HR Business Partner
Posted Date: Oct-22-2019
Job ID: 15714
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Human Resources
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
Consults with leaders across divisions and teams on people practices that impact the employee experience at REI. Identifies, develops and implements solutions to meet organizational goals. Works to build and maintain a healthy culture by helping leaders increase performance and engagement, grow and develop talent. Uses people metrics to assess and evaluate ongoing needs and provide creative solutions. Has experience navigating and resolving employment issues for a positive outcome. Effectively collaborates with internal HR partners to develop strategies to support the business. Manages and mitigates risk using foundational employment practices know-how. Utilizes discretion and good judgment in all decisions. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Partners with divisional leaders across multiple divisions to assess needs and implement targeted people strategies for business success
- Understands the business objectives of the team(s) and partners with leaders to connect people to those goals
- Works with leaders on key employment relations issues across the organization
- Consults with leaders and key stakeholders with the goal of improving and developing leadership behaviors and practices
- Assists teams with strategic workforce planning by looking at organizational priorities. Utilizes a variety of tools to inform business decisions such as: talent assessment practices, people analytics, organizational insights, engagement surveys
- Helps business leaders understand and implement change mgmt. best practices, provides support to the business for development and delivery of change initiatives
- Builds partnerships, is a trusted, credible and sought out resource across the business. Focused on continuous improvement to promote and progress people practices
- Accountable for effectively managing and deploying best practices around employee relations, risk mitigation, internal policy / program and process development. Pro-actively identifies and documents trends, provides solutions using sound judgment and thorough, objective approach to all work
- Participates and collaborates on HR programs and projects, will implement HR initiatives, policies and practices. Clearly communicates business benefits of initiatives and gains buy-in and support of the business.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years of experience in Human Resources
- 4 year degree in Human Resources or related field
- General, broad based knowledge and practice of HR competencies: organizational design, performance management, leadership development, talent practices, employment practices, compensation, total rewards
- Proven consulting skills that link performance to business goals
- Knowledgeable of organizational change management practices
- Proven ability to assess, analyze and communicate business needs; collaborates with and is proactive to partner with HR COE’s to identify and effectively integrate solutions that deliver the desired results
- Knowledge of employment law and risk management
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment to solve problems
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change
- Demonstrated project management and planning skills
- Works independently to prioritize work, establish goals and produce quality work
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to quickly build relationships, build trust, and successfully collaborate with others to influence the accomplishment of organizational goals
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, meeting deadlines, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer