IT Architecture & Innovation Intern
Posted Date: Nov- 1-2019
Job ID: 16080
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Internship
What's cool about this job
REI is looking for an IT Architecture & Innovation Intern to contribute to REI’s success by working as part of a cross-functional team, actively participating in day-to-day functions of the Enterprise Architecture & Innovation team. Throughout the course of your internship experience, you will own and drive a challenging and relevant project to solve real-time business challenges. Under the supervision of your Manager, and as a key member of the IT department, you will gain insights into the key functions of your team as it relates to REI’s broader strategy and vision.
Examples of IT Architecture & Innovation Intern projects may include:
- Architecture Reference Modeling
- Support implementation or replacement of an Enterprise Architecture Repository tool. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Business analysis, requirements gathering and product selection support, as well as implementation/conversion activities
- User Acceptance Testing
- Creating recorded training modules for end users
- Provide ongoing modeling support by diagramming and modeling various reference architectures in our repository
- Support the maintenance of our Capability, Applications and Data Subject Models.
- Innovation Program Support
- Assist Innovation & Emerging Technology Program Manager in coordination and execution of Innovation (Hack) Days planning and implementing one or more innovation day events
- Support Outdoor Innovation Center intake and triage process
- Create an innovative technology solution prototype and test it with internal users and participate in design sprint activity.
- Architecture Community Support
- Assist with architecture training and reference material
REI Introduction and Exposure to:
- Seattle Area
- Challenging and relevant project assignments
- REI retail stores and market competition
- Leadership team members
- Cross-divisional intern activities
Bring your passion and expertise
Job functions include:
- Process flow mapping
- Innovative & Emerging Technology Explorations
- Program and event coordination
- Recommendation for changes, if applicable
- Quantify impact of opportunities
Qualifications and expectations:
- Bachelor or Master Candidates currently majoring in Computer Science & Engineering, Information Technology, Informatics, Enterprise Architecture or Business Analytics studies.
- Candidates should have a strong aptitude in analytics and problem solving. Proficiency in Visio required, and Excel, and PowerPoint preferred.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer