IT Asset Manager
Posted Date: Oct-18-2019
Job ID: 15978
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
As the IT Asset Manager, you will own the REI IT Asset Management (ITAM) program. You’ll build and maintain an up-to-date, accurate inventory of IT assets through their lifecycle, influence stakeholders, and negotiate with vendors to ensure that REI employees have the best equipment possible.
This role is cross-functional in nature. The IT Asset Manager partners closely with Procurement, Security, Internal Audit, Finance, IT Infrastructure, IT application owners, IT architecture, external vendors and the business user community to ensure assets are properly secured and managed through the asset lifecycle. You’ll own the program and educate the REI community on proper uses of assets to include the IT Asset Policies and championing of fiduciary responsibilities.
- Overall responsibility for analysis, organization, planning, development and administration of the ITAM program for REI. Maintain accuracy of IT hardware and software assets and identify issues on behalf of IT managers and business stakeholders.
- Ensure corporate and legal guidelines are followed for managing IT hardware and software assets and serve as a liaison to the Information Security, Asset Protection and Internal Audit departments on matters pertaining to IT assets.
- Manage requests from software vendors for audits or license validation. Provide data in support of procurement activities to ensure accurate volume purchasing.
- Develop, maintain, communicate and enforce IT Asset Policies. Keep abreast of REI IT architecture changes impacting assets and implement new processes or procedures.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, IT, engineering, business management or a related field
- 5+ years related experience or equivalent industry knowledge
- Demonstrated experience building an IT Asset Management program
- Demonstrated experience with IT Service Management / Asset Management tools
- Experience with ServiceNow (preferred)
- Experience supporting IT from a business operations perspective
- Knowledgeable in software licensing models
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders and senior management
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer