IT Manager – Product Services & Merchandising Tools
Posted Date: Aug- 7-2019
Job ID: 15119
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
This is an exciting opportunity in REI’s customer technology teams to help lead the development of product services and merchandising tools. REI is not a typical retailer – the product services area will introduce you to fun and challenging engineering problems that help delivery solutions for all areas of REI’s business. If you are passionate about working with your business partners to find innovative solutions, leading agile teams that center on continuous delivery, automation, and making a difference in inspiring people to spend more time outdoors – this is the job for you!
- Lead agile teams in delivering high performance solutions
- Collaborate with Business Partners and peers in solving unique business problems
- Define the roadmap for several business capabilities
- Lead the team in continuous improvement
- Create a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience in technology related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in a technology position related to this area of responsibility
- Java, Spring Boot experience are preferred
- Back End Development experience preferred
- Product Information Management (PIM) experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience in challenging and inspiring others to provide customer centric solutions
- Practices and promotes the principals of Servant Leadership
- Demonstrated ability to foster and promote the career growth of individuals on your team
- Demonstrated experience in leading several agile teams and understanding of Agile methodology
- Experience in managing to a budget
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with business partners
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, set priorities and manage to critical deadlines
- Ability to present information effectively to all levels of staff and leadership
- Demonstrated curiosity in the latest innovations in technology, retailers, ecommerce
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer