IT Project Manager, Customer Platform
Posted Date: Jan- 4-2019
Job ID: 12920
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
The Project Manager contributes to REI’s success by helping to deliver world-class digital experiences for our customers. The Project Manager plans, develops, and manages small to medium moderately complex information technology projects, using a combination of structured project management methodologies on our Product and Product Service teams. Come to REI and work with business and technology partners to plan implementation of features that will delight our members most.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Initiates, plans, controls and closes Digital projects utilizing appropriate project management methodology
- Provides daily assistance to the delivery team, removing obstacles and helping with priorities
- Plans the project in detail and organizes the project team in the way that works best to deliver results.
- Manages the progress of the project and communicates the project status to management and stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Ensures that overall project documentation is completed, including requirements, designs, development, testing, implementation, project management documentation and plans, policies and procedures, new standards, contracts, issues lists and project status.
- Experience managing small to medium projects with both a business and a technology focus
- Proven ability to lead standard ceremonies with Scrum Master responsibilities
- 2+ years experience managing small to medium projects with both a business and technical focus
- Background in project financial planning and forecasting
- Experience working with structured project management methodologies. Scrum, Lean, Agile, Waterfall, etc with the ability to adapt to the most appropriate for the job and team.
- Experience with eCommerce and retail industries
- Ability to work collaboratively with other teams and leaders to collectively raise the level of teams at REI
- Challenge and Inspire the delivery team to deliver innovative, customer focused solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration or related field, or equivalent training and experience
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some pretty dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer