IT Project Manager
Posted Date: Jan-28-2019
Job ID: 12420
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: Eastgate Headquarters
What's cool about this job
Do you enjoy project managing all things IT? This role contributes to REI’s success by managing and implementing projects which support the entire co-op. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work with every area of REI through managing a variety of projects ranging from rolling out collaboration tools, mobile workforce, and infrastructure across HQ and our Retail Stores.
A successful candidate will create strong partnerships with Business and IT Stakeholders. They will gain a comprehensive understanding of the business needs, technical dependencies and manage efforts through full delivery levering our talented engineering teams and other IT resources as needed.
- Build strong relationships with business partners and strong understanding of business functionality
- Plan projects, develop and manage project budgets, organize project teams working with resource and delivery managers to coordinate and align effort execution and resource needs
- Ensure overall deliverables are completed, including project charter, plan, schedule, requirements, testing, implementation, policies and procedures, standards, contracts, risks and issue resolutions
- Identify, evaluate and proactively manage cross-project interdependencies
- Manage progress of efforts and communicate status to sponsors, stakeholders on a regular basis and to senior leadership as needed
- Ensure project quality and success
- Challenge and inspire delivery teams to deliver innovative, customer focused solutions
- Communicate effectively, with ability to flex style and work with all levels within the organization from individual contributors to executives
- Demonstrate a high degree of customer service and team work
- Advocate and evolve REI’s project management methodology
Bring your passion and expertise
- 3-5 years Project Management experience with IT projects
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration or related field, or equivalent training and experience
- Strong relationship management skills and understanding of organizational change management
- Understanding of various delivery frameworks and practices (Waterfall, Agile, DevOps, Lean, etc.) and appropriate application of them
- Knowledge of Microsoft’s cloud suite including Office, Teams, SharePoint and OneDrive
- Experience coordinating and executing efforts and resources across multiple delivery teams
- Ability to determine estimates of effort and impacts for a variety of solutions and influence technical discussions and decisions
- Familiarity with organizational change management including end user training
- Great attention to detail
- Experience with rollout of collaboration and productivity tools a plus
- Certified Scrum Master a plus
- Willing and able to travel up to 10%
- Willing and able to work from Kent headquarters two days per week (shuttle service available with wifi)
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some pretty dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer