Intern, Adventure Projects Trail Content Team, Boulder, Colorado
Posted Date: Mar-22-2019
Job ID: 13512
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Internship
What's cool about this job
REI is looking for a Trail Content Intern Assistant Editor to contribute to REI’s success by working as part of a cross-functional team and actively participate in the day-to-day functions of the REI Adventure Projects Trail Content Team. Throughout the course of your internship experience, you will own and drive a challenging and relevant project to upload, review, and approve acquired and user-generated trail content in key REI markets. Under the supervision of your manager, and as a key member of the Adventure Projects Trail Content Team, you will gain insights into the key functions of your team as it relates to REI’s broader strategy and vision.
The Trail Content Intern Assistant Editor will work with Adventure Projects Trail Content Team as part of a dynamic team to upload, edit, review, and approve priority trail content in key REI markets.
Bring your passion and expertise
Job functions include:
- Edit, review, and approve User Generated Content (UGC) on Adventure Project platforms
- Process trail line data uploads for Content Acquisition Project in service of 2019 data acquisition goals
- Use internal content management system (CMS) to upload and edit descriptive metadata
REI Introduction and Exposure to:
- Boulder Area
- Challenging and relevant project assignments
- Leadership team members
- Cross-divisional intern activities
Qualifications and expectations:
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver exceptional results to customers and team members
- Copy-editing experience for proper spelling, grammar, and adherence to established style guide
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to deliver outstanding customer service
- Familiarity with and ability to understand and interpret trail maps
- Ability to work closely with peers in a team-focused environment
Why you'll love it here
Real. Alive. Connected. These are a few words that describe life at REI. Whether it’s in our careers or in the great outdoors, we aspire to adventure in all ways! At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. Get ready to harness your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors.
Oh yeah, did we mention perks? At REI, we understand that benefits matter – we offer a competitive benefit package for all employees which includes:
- A workplace built on respect, integrity, and balance
- Generous gear and merchandise discount
- Professional growth and development opportunities
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer