Internal Communications Coordinator - limited term through 08/20
Posted Date: Jun-27-2019
Job ID: 14837
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Public Affairs
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
At REI, we believe a life outdoors is well lived, and our employees bring this idea to life daily for our community. You’ll be a part of a world-class Brand Stewardship and Impact team whose job is to help REI, the nation’s largest consumer co-op, further the organization’s impact on behalf of its 18 million members. The successful candidate will be a rock-solid content developer, communication maven and project manager who will connect employees to information and inspiration that represents the best of the co-op’s culture.
As the co-op prepares for a headquarters move, you’ll focus on delivering the employee communications and engagement strategy that will support employees and the co-op through this critical moment of transition. You’ll contribute to REI’s success by creating and publishing compelling content across internal communication platforms and supporting the planning, coordination, and delivery of a remarkably positive experience for employees leading up to, during, and following the move itself. The goal? To support employees, elevate our culture, brand and reputation, and ensure business continuity through this important time of change.
You’ll achieve this through creative content development and delivery and savvy project management—all while living up to REI’s values and mission. You will demonstrate an outstanding track record in the craft of written and multimedia communications. You will be a creative, self-starting team member with the ability to influence and lead peers in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and complex, cross-divisional projects. You thrive on fast-moving, dynamic work, and easily toggle between work streams. You have a strong team ethic, pitching in to do what needs to be done to bring these moments to life. And, of course, you love the outdoors.
Create and publish content
- Supports content development—including writing, designing, editing, and publishing—of written and multi-media content for internal web, email and print channels. This includes interviewing subject-matter experts across the co-op at every level, as well as external partners.
- Maintains Campus Moves internal website, hosted on Wordpress with Divi theme.
- Oversees Campus Moves email box, routing and responding to employee inquiries, to support employees and circulate feedback.
- Liaises with partners across other new campus programs to support program-specific communications.
- Supports development and delivery of new campus “ways of working challenges”, in partnership with change management team.
- Designs materials for key internal and external meetings and events focused on new campus.
- Adheres to Co-op Brand Standards across all published content.
- Effectively + efficiently plans for and leads all assigned work streams, with acute attention to detail, including quick identification of issues + critical dependencies.
- Manages new campus communications Smartsheet project plan and Monday.com content calendar.
- Handles confidential information with utmost integrity.
- Connects working team together through project team updates, meetings, solid cross-team communication.
- Maintains and manages files and assets for the team.
- Analyzes and shares regular metric reports to demonstrate effectiveness or support a pivot in communications strategy.
Event and experiences support
- Works with team to plan and implement new campus employee events and experiences, partnering with cross-divisional partners and external vendors.
- Support on-site logistics as well as pre-event site visits.
- Promotes events and experiences through focused communications, calendar invites, promotion, etc.
- Adheres to and manages budgets.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 2+ years of internal or external communication experience
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications/journalism, marketing, graphic design, digital media or related field.
- First-class writing and editing experience in a variety of media (please provide a writing sample when applying to the role)
- Strong project management skills, including development of project plans and timelines
- Experience designing effective communications in web and email designers
- Ability to efficiently produce multimedia content
- Demonstrated experience in planning, measuring and evaluating communication effectiveness, using analytic tools
- Experience working in large scale, complex projects
- Experience coordinating multifaceted events and logistics
- Able to advise leaders and peers with strong instincts and good judgement
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change
- Proven ability to thrive in fast-paced, ambiguous environment, juggling competing priorities
- Ability to utilize remote working tools, with dispersed partners and independently
- Background or interest in behavior change or organizational psychology
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer