Inventory Accounting Analyst II
Posted Date: Sep-24-2018
Job ID: 11921
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Finance
Store: Eastgate Headquarters
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by developing and supporting inventory processes, procedures and projects training, education, planning, report analysis, and implementation of process and system enhancements. Performs inventory and cost discrepancy research and follow on actions to ensure accuracy of inventory levels throughout the company. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Provides expertise and support to retail, DC, finance and merchandising employees in regards to inventory logistical, financial, and operational issues.
- Supports the retail stores and helps define their role, job requirements and expectations. Provides training and education through one-on-one coaching sessions, assists with development of SAP and BW inventory reports.
- Supports new business initiatives through mapping of inventory transactions flows, determining appropriate accounting treatment, and development of appropriate business processes and controls.
- Creates and maintains all necessary procedure documentation related to assigned responsibilities.
- Develops inventory-related training curriculum and programs for retail managers and supervisors.
- Provides feedback to the Retail Operations department and helps in the process to write articles for the Retail Operations’ retail knowledge base tool.
- Analyzes article cost discrepancies, performs necessary research to identify cause and works cross divisionally to perform follow on tasks to complete corrections.
- Cross train on identified processes to adequately provide back-up support for team members.
- Monitors and analyzes the movement of in-transit inventory between locations to ensure overall inventory levels are at acceptable levels.
- Supports inventory system enhancements, projects and upgrades with guidance from Inventory Accounting management team:
- Defines business requirements by identifying a business problem, mapping processes, proposing solutions, and managing risk.
- Works with Information Technology (IT) developers during the development cycle to ensure functional requirements outlined in the enhancement and/or project scope are implemented.
- Works with IT developers and test engineers during the QA/testing cycle to answer questions regarding desired functionality and facilitates the resolution of defects as they are identified.
- Writes test scripts to support small project implementation. Conducts user acceptance testing before giving final project approval.
- Assists with annual financial audits as deemed necessary.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 2+ years of accounting or inventory-related experience.
- 2+ years experience using financial systems, inventory related applications, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Retail operations or retail experience preferred.
- SharePoint, PowerPoint and Visio preferred.
- Ability to handle confidential information effectively and appropriately.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
Why you'll love it here
We’re a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our 6 million members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer