Lead Software Engineer- Digital Fulfillment Experience
Posted Date: May-19-2021
Job ID: 20101
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
REI is seeking a Lead Back End Engineer for our new Fulfillment Customer Experience team. The ideal candidate will excel at work in an agile, highly collaborative environment, quickly respond to customer issues, and build/enhance customer facing capabilities. The goal of this new team is to make it easy for customers shopping on REI.com to understand their options for receiving their gear and apparel, to accurately reflect the current inventory available and help them find the right product when and where they need it. An entrepreneurial mindset, a passion for understanding customer needs and ability to quickly adapt to customer and business feedback are crucial for this role. Experience working with both customer-facing systems as well as retail back-end systems are highly desirable for this role.
- Acts as a technical lead or consultant on all projects including highly complex projects. Responsible for solving highly technical and complex problems on multiple projects.
- Collaborates closely with technology and product leadership, Site Reliability, QA, and other Product teams to orchestrate medium to large scale development efforts.
- Strong ability to work in a close-knit, collaborative team environment.
- Promotes culture of learning, collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Provides technical guidance to ensure implemented solutions are working effectively and proposed solutions will meet organization’s future needs.
- Analyzes, designs, develops, implements, documents and maintains applications, working on highly complex work tasks or project assignments.
- Gathers, analyzes and translates business and non-functional requirements into a solution design.
- Designs, develops to specifications and maintains application code in accordance with the current architecture principles, development and project management methodologies and practices. Conducts technical walkthroughs with software engineers to ensure technical feasibility and standards across teams.
- Formulates systems scope and objectives and resolves highly complex technical issues.
- Provides leadership to ensure that application changes follow change management policies and procedures.
- Acts as a mentor and source for direction, training and guidance for less experienced departmental staff.
- Ability to set effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Helps technical managers refine the hiring process, participates in hiring activities, and helps to onboard new team members.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
- Participates in on-call rotation for 24x7 service requirement in support of business and customer experience.
- Performs all duties of a Senior Software Engineer as time allows after considering the above.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and experience.
- 8+ years engineering experience with large-scale applications as a Java backend engineer with extensive Spring Boot, REST, Oracle DB, Mongo DB/No SQL DB, JMS and Kafka messaging and Hibernate (or other JPA) experience.
- Experience with unit testing such as JUnit, performance and automation testing.
- Microservices experience in a CI/CD environment, using tools such as Jenkins.
- Experience with reverse-engineering large, complex “monolith” systems of legacy code is highly desirable.
- 2+ years as a team leader or a principal engineer.
- Experience working for a large (5000+ employees) eCommerce company is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency with systems, processes and development, or technical disciplines in a specific field.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer