Lead UX Writer
Posted Date: Jun-24-2021
Job ID: 20293
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: Yes
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
Exciting times at REI! As digital continues to evolve in complexity and degree of importance to our business, we’re looking to hire an experienced lead UX writer to help spearhead the development of our practice of content strategy. In this role you’ll not only “do” content strategy, you’ll evangelize it and lead the charge in building it out as a sustainable, scalable practice. Accordingly, we’re looking for someone with a deep understanding of content strategy and user-centered content design methodologies and best practices and extensive experience putting that understanding to work in the real world.
Critical to your success: Experience using data to inform strategy and copy. Experience building, coaching, mentoring, teaching, and/or otherwise leading teams. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal communication, presentations, and communication strategy. You’ll be delivering at a high level while balancing multiple stakeholders and considerations, including technical, creative, strategic, and logistical.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Leads and develops a broad range of strategic and tactical deliverables that are of high value to the co-op
- Proactively initiates and oversees execution of digital initiatives to enhance engagement, conversion and revenue
- Drives cross-divisional alignment to deliver effective customer experiences across touchpoints
- Represents a holistic digital experience perspective to inform planning and decision making across the co-op
- Works closely with other teams and departments to protect brand voice and narrative cohesion
- Monitors emerging innovations and best practices in experience design, conversion copywriting, content strategy and related disciplines and shares findings with appropriate colleagues
- Directs iteration of content and messaging at critical digital leverage points to optimize performance
- Crafts and presents rationale for strategic messaging for new products, concepts and initiatives
- Advises partners and leaders on aligning business strategy, brand integrity and customer need in complex areas like product portfolio architecture
- Identifies potential unlocks and process improvements that enhance the co-op’s capacity to deliver personalized content at scale
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer