Lead User Experience Designer
Posted Date: Jul-20-2021
Job ID: 20757
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
The Digital Platforms team is looking for a Senior/Lead Designer to support the Product Information Management (PIM) team in redesigning the process by which REI ingests, maintains, and scales all the data associated with our products and services. In this role, you’ll be working on a critical function for the organization and will have the opportunity to stretch into service design methodologies and skills such as customer journey maps, contextual inquiry, stakeholder maps and business canvas maps.
The ideal candidate has proven experience tackling ambiguous customer problems, steering, and implementing impactful experiences and an exceptional ability to collaborate across teams, present a vision, define outcomes, and be hands-on in implementing the work.
- Educating and advocating for the practice of human-centered design, customer centricity, and product led strategies
- Crafting artifacts that communicate solutions, including implementing prototypes, mockups, task analysis, usability studies, personas, user flows, wireframes, style guides, navigational structures, and affinity diagrams
- Facilitating collaboration with various product managers, engineers, analytics, research, and ensures that the customer’s desires are being fulfilled.
- Championing and leading both generative and evaluative user research
Bring your passion and expertise
What Makes You Qualified
- 8+ years’ experience in UX, interaction design, information architecture, or service design
- Experience in leadership, collaboration, communicating and influencing design strategy
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations when designing for platforms
- Proficient at building and shipping features/products at a department level, leading the end-to-end experience across a variety of platforms
- Demonstrable track record in leading strategic thinking across a large product space, developing product goals, identifying opportunities and outcomes while continuously developing relationships with cross-functional peers
- Experience at developing design standards that are accessible and utilize human-centered methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, HCI, Interaction or similar area, or equivalent practical experience
Bonus Points If You Have
- Experience in eCommerce
- A degree or equivalent in a related discipline: information architecture, interaction or interface design, human-computer interaction
- Familiarity with agile methodology and process
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer