Local Brand Engagement & Impact Coordinator
Posted Date: Aug-20-2020
Job ID: 18091
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Public Affairs
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by executing local marketing and brand engagement campaigns within their specific market as directed by the Manager. This role develops and ensures consistency of execution of the market plan, which supports REI’s business goals and brand. The Local Marketing Coordinator helps execute local marketing and engagement campaigns that result in increased brand awareness and engagement, customer lifetime value, new customer acquisition, member retention, store/digital traffic, all while connecting Co-op wide initiatives at a regional and market level. This role also coordinates local experience marketing, events, partnerships and community engagement plans. Some additional responsibilities include (as needed): budget management, marketing and grand opening support, partnership development and management, event coordination, program assessment and reporting, program coordination, creative and support for local public affairs efforts.
- Assists Manager in development of local marketing and engagement plan in alignment with national plan
- Oversees monthly, quarterly and annual local program calendar as directed by the Manager
- Ensures Outdoor instructors, Local Marketing Managers, and Retail Store teams have campaign details in a timely manner for effective execution for all programs
- Assist with development of community partnerships (i.e. universities, tourism bureaus, etc.)
- Leads and coordinates Local partnerships with local groups (e.g. outdoor focused; diversity & inclusion; civic leaders)
- Leads and coordinates Local Events and Experiential Marketing programs
- Coordinates execution of national vendor program plans as directed by AHQ
- Tracks budget as directed by the Local Marketing Manager
- Collects feedback and evaluates ROI on programs to improve future plans
- Build positive and beneficial relationships with Store Managers and Retail Directors to ensure buy-in and support of Local Marketing Programs
- Develops and builds relationships with local non-profit organizations in support of the Outdoor Programs direction plan.
- Visits market stores on a regular basis to support relationship building and program execution
Bring your passion and expertise
- 2+ years of experience in regional marketing programs, community engagement programs (events, community group partnerships and activities)
- Reliable vehicle with insurance and valid drivers license.
- Experience in building productive and mutually beneficial relationships between for-profit and non-profit organizations
- 1+ years of experience in managing budgets
- Ability and strength influencing, leading and collaborating with peers and remote groups to produce desired results
- Passion for preserving and recreating in the outdoors
- Strong identification with REI’s customer service philosophy; ability to effectively resolve difficult customer issues
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
- Mid-level PC skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, Publisher.
- Mid-level experience with digital marketing platforms: e.g Spreadfast, Facebook Events
* Cover letter required with resume to apply
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer