Local/Field Marketing Manager, Atlanta
Posted Date: Apr-16-2021
Job ID: 19636
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
This role will be based out of the great Atlanta area with oversight of programs from Atlanta to the Smoky Mountains (GA, TN, NC) with dotted line direction to roles located outside of Atlanta. This job contributes to REI’s success by leading and growing REI’s regional brand engagement and impact efforts. The position is located within a given geographic area and oversees regional traditional media, social media, partnerships, experiential, philanthropy and advocacy as well as other local marketing efforts. The Manager will be responsible for developing local marketing and engagement plans, budgets and tracking KPIs to measure success. Local brand engagement and impact will result in new customer acquisition, member retention, store/digital traffic, and increased overall customer lifetime value, all while connecting Co-op wide initiatives at a regional and market level. This role will help build and lead a field-based team that engages the community to ensure REI shows up in a locally relevant way and helps actualize our ambition to be at the “center of outdoor life and culture” in compelling moments for customers. The Manager of Local Brand Engagement & Impact will work closely with headquarters Impact, Creative & Marketing teams to create compelling brand engagement opportunities that are relevant to local culture and inspire ‘a life outdoors is a life well lived.’
Leading the Way
- Provide strategic and planning direction to field teams to ensure quality of campaigns, project delivery, and budget goals are met.
- Manages a team of local marketing coordinators to ensure quality campaigns, project delivery, and budget goals are met.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote REI key messages.
- Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
- Ensures employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
- Monitors operational statistics, reports trends, variances and issues, and takes appropriate action.
Planning & Navigating
- Acts as lead on strategic direction and planning with Field Leadership teams in support of relationships with key local, community, civic and media relationships.
- Provides direction on budgeting and campaign planning within the regions.
- Provides direction and support on building market plans, participation and business through active partnership with the community (members, experience and retail teams, universities, tourism bureaus, etc.)
- Provides direction on managing the operational requirements of community partnerships and programs
- Provides input and direction on terms of relationships and ensures compliance with contracts, sponsorships, and agreements, etc.
- Develops and implements marketing initiatives and corporate programs regionally.
- Collaborates with store management teams and retail leadership to ensure programs meet customer needs and are integrated into the retail stores.
- Ensures operational consistency with other marketing programs.
- Meets program, marketing plan goals as defined by individual market plans (e.g. store traffic, social media engagement metrics)
- Establishes measurements and key performance indicators to monitor customer engagement
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years of experience in traditional/event, local social, and/or community marketing
- 2+ years of experience leading and managing a team of marketing professionals
- BA degree in marketing, PR, business management, or equivalent a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills. Proven ability to communicate effectively in team environments, to build and foster effective working relationships within REI, with multiple business partners, and the community.
- Experience managing budgets. Proven successful experience in creating annual plans, budgeting, execution, and evaluation.
- Experience managing a virtual and/or distributed team over a large region.
- Makes effective organization and people decisions in a manner consistent with REI's values and ethics.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer