Maintenance Floor Clerk - Janitorial (9PM-5:30AM Sun-Thurs) - Sumner
Posted Date: May-19-2020
Job ID: 17492
Job Function: Distribution Center
Store: Distribution Center WA
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by maintaining a clean, safe, and aesthetic work environment for all employees. The Maintenance Floor Clerk is responsible for maintaining the Distribution Center’s appearance through processing and transporting recyclable materials and general housekeeping functions as needed. The role will frequently participate in supporting additional facility functions. Here is what you can expect to do as a Maintenance Floor Clerk.
- Sweeping, scrubbing (restrooms, hallways, stairs, etc.)
- Dusting (tops of cabinets, cubicles, open desk space, lockers, etc.)
- Cleaning sinks, toilets, urinals, water fountains, windows, stalls, frames, metal fixtures, trash cans, gym equipment, etc.
- Vacuuming (office spaces, hallways)
- Picking up litter around main entrances
- Removing trash from office spaces, café, breakrooms (keeping trash and compost separated) - following our recycle program standards
- Miscellaneous items as requested
Bring your passion and expertise
These are the skills and experiences we look for in our Maintenance Floor Clerk:
- 0+ years’ experience operating warehouse powered equipment including lift trucks, pallet jacks, sweeper/scrubber, conveyors, powered hand tools and compactors.
- 0+ years’ experience operating computers to communicate and facilitate the passing of information through established reporting formats
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on the team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer