Maintenance Technician Kent (Temporary)
Posted Date: Sep-11-2019
Job ID: 15649
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Facilities
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for contributing to the growth and profitability of REI, by providing operational support within REI HQ.
- Maintenance related services for remodeling, construction and miscellaneous projects at HQ
- Support systems furniture construction/maintenance/modification at HQ
- Inspection, reporting, and performing facilities-related building maintenance issues
- Provide assistance to other areas of the department when requested
- Communicate with outside suppliers and contractors when assigned
- Maintain and inventory all tools and locations on the HQ campus. Provide semi-annual inventory list to Lead Maintenance Technician.
- Respond to and complete various facilities requests as they are assigned. Report all completed projects to the Lead Maintenance Technician and/or Campus Manager as assigned
- Flexible hours may be required due to adverse weather or special projects, working in conjunction with Lead Maintenance Technician and Campus Manager.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Certified/working knowledge of systems furniture a plus
- General maintenance skills (electric, plumbing, roofing, HVAC, etc.)
- Good project scheduling and coordinating skills
- Excellent attention to detail. Ability to work well with limited supervision
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Must have a successful work performance that demonstrates an ability to communicate effectively, work well with others, use productive work methods, exercise sound judgement, and display initiative and innovation on the job.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer