Manager, Campus Services
Posted Date: Jun- 3-2019
Job ID: 14511
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Facilities
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
This position provides leadership and direction by developing a team to manage a wide variety of campus operations and programs. This position will serve as a liaison between Corporate Services and key stakeholders, including vendors and employees. This position is responsible for managing large scale programs, implementing campus operational policies and leading a team through an ever-changing environment to provide campus employees with a first-class workplace experience. This job is key in anticipating the needs of the internal customers and being adaptive to the evolving demands of a rapidly growing company while modeling and acting in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results
- Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote REI key messages
- Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results
- Ensures employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements
- Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results
- Establishes and maintains visibility within the department
- Monitors operational statistics, reports trends, variances and issues, and takes appropriate action.
Bring your passion and expertise
Work Place Services Management
- Oversee and execute on strategy for large, complex employee engagement programs, including alternative commuting, parking management, vending/food services, copy/mail/courier/print, and fitness, conference, employee activity center management
- Lead analysis activities to drive insights that ensure that the experiences REI create best support our employees’ success and engagement.
- Identify and track success metrics for employee experience solutions to improve engagement and impact business outcomes
- Support the development of team-wide standards for planning and executing on projects
- Manage strategic planning for moves, adds, and changes (MAC) in coordination with space planning/occupancy
- Manage a team to support move related requests and work cross divisionally to ensure Workplace Services and business units are kept up to date on activity
- Provide vendor management for business partners to execute daily moves, group moves and unforeseen projects
- Coordinates operational readiness meetings with internal stakeholders • Communicates needs for business units when change management is needed
Campus Support & On-Site Amenities Management
- Be an employee experience advocate and a builder of employee-centric communities, all in the spirit of driving employee success and engagement across Campus
- Own both your OpEx and CapEx budgets and deliver results within articulated targets
- Partner with IT, Facilities, Asset Protection, Communications and other cross-divisional partners on workplace services initiatives
- Oversee other onsite amenities managed under this role: Onsite conference center, Fitness Center, Mother’s Rooms, Meditation Rooms, Nurses Station, Massage Room, team and corporate events support, general office services.
Campus Communications & Reporting
- Compile monthly summary and vendors activity reports as requested by Director, Corporate Real Estate & Campus Planning
- Draft Monthly Campus Newsletter in partnership with Director, Corporate Real Estate, Campus Planning and Public Affairs
- Draft and distribute Workplace/Business Services updates to campus as needed with first-class customer service
- Completes other duties as assigned
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer