Here at the co-op, our philosophy is simple. The more you get outside the better life becomes.
This position is critical in delivering to the Co-op’s aspiration to transform awareness of, and engagement with, our Experience offerings. We have a different proposition to offer our customers and members than we had 80-years ago. We are no longer just a co-op focused on gear. We offer a full suite of outdoor Experiences from do-it-yourself resources, to workshops, certifications and classes to day trips and outings to world-class adventure travel.
This position will lead the development of marketing strategies, communications plans and execution teams to amplify our Experiences voice in the marketplace. This role directly supports our Experiences business function and works with cross-divisional leaders in our Brand, Digital, Retail, Public Affairs, Direct Sales, and Marketing orgs to deliver an integrated, cross-channel customer experience.
This organization is uniquely positioned. We operate with a start-up mentality but within an 80 year old organization. We pave the way forward through new processes and approaches while also maximizing known best practices. We are committed to deliver high quality plans that maximize all the assets the co-op has to offer.
This position is not for the faint of heart. You must have an adventuring spirit, tenacity, a sense of humor and a deep desire to introduce others to the joy of time outside.
This job will be located in our Eastgate/Bellevue office M-W; Thursday-Friday are flexible and might include Kent HQ, Eastgate or work from home options.
Models and acts in accordance with The Co-op Way.
Leading the Co-op Way
- Lives the values in an authentic and contagious way
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results
- Conducts and ensures coaching happens regularly and honestly
- Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results
- Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote REI key messages
- Ensures employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements
- Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions
- Provides direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results
- Establishes and maintains visibility within the department
- Monitors operational statistics, reports trends, variances and issues, and takes appropriate action
Your Planning & Navigating Requirements
- Leads marketing strategy development and deployment for Co-op Experiences
- Partners closely with the Director, Experiences Marketing and VP of Experiences business to align on business priorities to drive the right level of support through marketing
- Drives integrated plans and support throughout the team to ensure that all of our channels are being leveraged to grow awareness and participation in our outdoor Experience offerings
- Drives innovation in marketing approaches and new ways of operating to influence the broader organization and how we operate.
- Partners with content team to ensure there is a strong content strategy serving experiences
- Manages day-to-day operations of the team, budget oversight and quarterly and annual planning