Manager, Fixture Program
Posted Date: Oct-16-2018
Job ID: 10717
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Visual Merchandising
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by driving the retail fixture strategy to promote company identity and enhance the REI Brand experience. The Manager, Fixture Programs will lead a team of Project Managers and guide overall direction for fixture development in collaboration with the Store Design and Visual Merchandising team and cross-divisional partners. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Develop and drive the corporate fixture strategy to support inspirational experiences in our retail spaces.
- Manage the formation of annual plans for fixture development to support resource planning and timely delivery for new stores, remodels, and capital & expense projects.
- Primary liaison for fixturing within Store Design and Visual Merchandising.
- Provides communication between teams and anticipates future needs.
- Develop process and procedure for the Fixture Team including but not limited to inventory management, the Annual Buy Program and the downstream/recycle of existing fixtures.
- Develop, plan and lead fixture testing process to include business planning, goal setting, execution and project reporting at conclusion.
- Creates and acts as a champion for corporate capital projects tied to the overall fixture strategy.
- Incorporates vendor fixture strategy into overall fixture program and roadmap.
- Accountable for forecasting, tracking and reconciling the Fixture Budget.
- Develop and foster relationships with outside fixture fabricators to execute REI’s in store experience strategy. Performs other duties as assigned
Bring your passion and expertise
- 10+ years of fixture and store design experience
- Previous experience in specialty hard and soft line retailing that includes fixture design, fabrication and installation and store design
- Visual presentation or merchandising experience, preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and computer aided drafting software
- Ability to travel to various locations; some trips may have multiple destinations requiring a high amount of auto, air or rail transportation
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to create and implement process and procedure.
Why you'll love it here
Joining Visual Merchandising team at REI means you get to work with a team of immensely passionate and talented people, who value the mission of our Co-op and strive to deliver excellence and innovation every day. Our mission is to inspire and enable outdoor discovery by driving a holistic customer-centric experience through collaborative ingenuity as we bring to Visual Merchandising to life in our stores.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer