Manager, Learning and Development
Posted Date: Feb-16-2021
Job ID: 19292
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Human Resources
Store: Seattle HQ
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
REI has a unique opportunity for a Learning and Development Manager to advance the strategic vision and tactical execution to support the Co-op's learning and development aspirations.
This job contributes to REI’s success by designing, delivering, and scaling learning programs including leader development, professional skills, onboarding, and compliance training. This role will lead a team that consists of learning programs, design and delivery. Additionally, this role will collaborate heavily with Talent Strategy leader to ensure the design and delivery of programs is in alignment with REIs talent strategy.
- Design, enhance and implement high-impact learning programs for leaders.
- Manage instructional and graphic design process.
- Oversee, reinvent and manage the onboarding and cultural immersion for new employees.
- Oversee and manage success profiles.
- Facilitate executive development program.
- Oversee vendor relationship and platforms in which learning programs reside.
- Integrate DEI strategy into all learning programs.
- Oversee executive coaching program and process.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 7+ years experience in learning and development design and delivery.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in several Talent Management functions, such as performance management, succession planning, , or leadership development.
- 2+ years’ experience in retail, service industry or branded organization.
- 4+ years managing teams
- 4 year degree in Business, Human Resources, Learning and Development certificate or related field and / or equivalent work experience.
- Project management skills including ability to create action plans and timelines, manage multiple programs simultaneously on time and within budget.
- Experience in consultation with executives; demonstrated ability to communicate (influence, present data) at executive level.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Windows.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, consulting skills and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works effectively and efficiently by setting SMART work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer