This role will contribute to REI’s success by driving the lifecycle marketing strategy and business model that delights customers establishes industry standards and ensures the commercial health of the co-op.
This role is also contributing by building the marketable audience, increasing conversion and driving retention for REI, through development, management and optimization of the marketing lifecycle strategies across customers touch points. The role will monitor trends and emerging technologies and assess how new opportunities that support key business goals can be leveraged to connect people to our co-op and create a seamless experience. This requires a high degree of entrepreneurial spirit and flexibility with a willingness to regularly advocate for innovative marketing solutions. This role will partner with leaders in Loyalty, Experiences, CRM, as needed to provide strategic support to vet the potential efficacy of new structural components, offers, or partnerships. This role works with cross-divisional leaders in Marketing, Digital Retail, Retail, Experiences, IT to deliver an integrated, cross-channel customer experience related to lifecycle marketing programs and offers.
The Manager lifecycle marketing will be held accountable to the strategic roadmap and performance and be required to regularly update leadership stakeholders on key milestones.
- Responsible for leading a team of 3 direct reports.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
- Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Provides coaching, direction, and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
- Develops lifecycle strategy for REI’s members and experience prospect/customer to increase engagement and retention new and existing members/travelers. This includes leading vetting of new strategic initiatives and offerings as well as the communications strategy and contact plan.
- Defines and develops creative, high quality and clear roadmaps based on team strategy and vision.
- Develops detailed, clear and substantiated business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for business models.
- Leads development of business plans and optimizes offering strategies to meet/exceed business objectives and manage program budgets.
- Works closely with Manager – Loyalty and Experience marketing to identify and prioritize opportunities in the customer journey to best support the business throughout the year.
- Proactively identifies and resolves strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
- Based on analysis and results, makes recommendations to senior management and on how strategy should be altered.
- Partners with the customer insights team and digital team to identify and prioritize the needs of members and customers.
- Manages expense budgets monthly working plan and year-end performance.
- Develop success metrics, analyze results and report findings.