Manager, Talent Strategy and Programs
Posted Date: Feb-16-2021
Job ID: 19291
Job Function: Human Resources
Store: Seattle HQ
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
REI has a unique opportunity for a Manager of Talent Strategy and Programs to create and enhance Co-op talent strategy/philosophy and provide both the strategic vision and tactical execution to support the Co-op's aspirations around our talent capabilities.
This job contributes to REI’s success by developing and managing an enterprise-wide leadership and people-capability strategy with supporting tactics. Duties include consultation, subject matter expertise, and capability building in organization strategy and design, business and operational agility and organization effectiveness. Program management will include succession planning, performance management, and employee engagement
Org Effectiveness and Talent Management
- Develop tools and processes that will educate, advise and influence HRBPs on business transformation topics including organizational assessment, org effectiveness, team effectiveness and change management.
- Partners and consults closely with HRBPs to solve complex organization and business challenges, resulting in immediate improvements designed for the long-term.
- Ability to connect strategy to current and future large-scale enterprise change work. Develop, and implement organization development capabilities in the organization.
- Research on best practices and recommendation of organizational interventions will be expected, as well as creation and/or execution of solutions, tools, processes, and measurement activities.
- Create and enhance Co-op talent strategy/philosophy.
- Enhance talent review process across the co-op
- Create and implement executive and Board of Directors talent review process.
- Enhances REI’s annual talent cadence and workforce planning process and develops a robust succession planning process.
- Works in partnership with peer Learning and Development Manager to ensure design and delivery of content and programs are in alignment with talent strategy.
Program Development & Management
- Oversees and leads the Co-op’s Employee Engagement survey, vendor, and process.
- Manages the full cycle of project management (including concept, design, implementation, launch and measurement) to create and acquire programs or events to address REI’s talent needs.
- Recommends the most appropriate strategy, methodologies and technologies to deliver solutions.
- Builds solid relationships with executives and internal stakeholders.
- Manages vendors as needed. (Glint, Everfi)
- Provides oversight and direction to team members involved in execution.
- As needed, facilitates sessions to deliver resources to the business.
- Designs and implements evaluation processes to assess effectiveness of programs.
- Draws conclusions and determines implications from analyzed data to report to stakeholders.
- Plans and manages project and program resources, such as allocated budget and project team members. Monitors operational statistics, reports trends, variances and issues, and takes appropriate action.
- LMS(Spark) Administration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 7+ years experience in organizational strategy and development.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in several Talent Management functions , such as performance management, succession planning, , or leadership development.
- 2+ years experience in retail, service industry or branded organization.
- 4 year degree in Business, Human Resources, Certificate in Organizational Design/Effectiveness or related field and / or equivalent work experience.
- Project management skills including ability to create action plans and timelines, manage multiple programs simultaneously on time and within budget.
- 4+ Years managing a team
- Experience in consultation with executives; demonstrated ability to communicate (influence, present data) at executive level.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Windows.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, consulting skills and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works effectively and efficiently by setting SMART work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer