Manager, Visual Merchandising
Posted Date: Feb-14-2020
Job ID: 17105
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Merchandising
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by leading the Visual team in the planning, creation, development and execution of visual merchandising design concepts, solutions and implementation plans for products and programs for retail stores. This role is responsible to develop clear and consistent merchandise presentation direction and leading the effort to bring visual merchandising strategies, tactics, processes, and practices forward that will meet REI’s corporate brand and sales goals. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
This role is a important position on the Visual Merchandising team, accountable for delivery of the strategy, as well as agile solutions in a dynamic environment, for the Visual Merchandising team. This role manages people and works closely with the Sr. Manager, Visual Merchandising, Manager of Visual Merchandising Operations and cross-functional with Store Design to execute divisional plans and projects in support of the company’s strategic direction.
This role is instrumental in developing dynamic partnerships with cross-divional leaders in the HQ and the field. This position fosters an environment for the Visual Merchandising Team to successfully deliver on strategies developed by cross-divisional partners. The position drives programs and efficient operations to increase sales and maximize profit while providing extraordinary service to HQ and field business partners. This role will communicate departmental priorities in an increasingly fast paced, evolving environment.
- Responsible for the execution of dynamic product floorsets and storytelling of Key product messages in accordance with REI’s brand messages into the REI store experience.
- Leads inspiring Visual Merhcandising while ensuring all aspects of REI visual merchandising standards are consistent with REI brand and its values.
- Collaborates with cross-divisional partnerships through expertise and influence to achieve department, company and customer results.
- Leads or supports department projects and programs that meet stated business objectives, promotes Company identity and enhances the REI experience for the consumer.
- Supports the Sr. Manager, Visual Merchandising in development of a holistic program vision and approach to visual merchandising solutions to meet REI strategy and business objectives.
- Creates Visual strategies, merchandising solutions and direction to support marketing goals, merchandising sales projections and category management strategies.
- Oversees a team of visual experts in the development of compelling visual merchandising solutions to support business needs through creative problem solving and innovation intended for retail stores.
- Collaborates with Sr Manager, Visual Merchandising on the development of the annual calendar.
- Maintains project schedules and timelines associated with the annual calendar and or related projects.
- Manages budgets associated with the execution of Visual Merchandising programs associated with the annual calendar and or related projects.
- Communicates visual strategies to cross-functional and cross-divisional partnership related to visual merchandising.
- Responsible for accuracy and deadlines of content as it relates to Visual Merchandisers programs.
- Responsible for team’s response to field inquiries regarding visual merchandising in an agreed upon specified time frame.
- Creates strong partnerships with field leadership and HQ teams and acts as an advocate for stores, merchants and marketing
- Manages team resources to balance internal workload and to ensure projects are completed on time and within scope
- Attracts, retains, and develops individuals into a high performing and effective team
- Delivers meaningful, timely feedback to direct reports
- Facilitates career paths for employees by providing ongoing coaching and opportunities for developmental assignments
- Provides direction and support to team members, particularly during critical stages of project implementation
- Delivers recognition for successful completion of team and individual objectives
- Create opportunities for cross-training and development of bench-strength within the greater team
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+years proven visual merchandising experience at a corporate level and/or in a high-end retail multi-store environment
- 3+ years Leadership and direct report experience – work delegation and oversight
- Strong passion for trend wth ability to lead and execute current fashion and styling market trends into visual merchandising sets
- Experience with space and fixture planning as it relates to visual merchandising
- Project management skills including measurement, reporting and financial analysis
- Basic Computer Skills: Word, Excel, InDesign, Photoshop and Outlook
- College degree preferred
- Strong understanding of multi-channel marketing and retail environments
- Budget Management experience preferred
- Flexible, open-minded and collaborative to work cross divisionally to achieve mutual goals
- Builds capacity of individuals and teams through effective employee development, involvement, communication, and supervision efforts.
- Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best.
- Establishes trust and inspires others.
- Makes effective organization and people decisions in a manner consistent with REI's values and ethics.
- Delivers on commitments and holds others to same.
- Champions the organization and advocates solutions in the overall Company's best interest.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer